Support:

BlackBerry (pre 10 devices)

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
jaymx22

date/time sync problems with my device

First off, loving the phone...bar the mediocre battery it is the best phone I have ever had.

However over the past few days a problem has surfaced which is driving me mental.

The clock and time on my phone are correct but when you go into text messages it thinks that is it friday April 17th 2043 and I can't change it. Whenever I receive a text it thinks its a totally different date/time and they all get mixed up.

Any idea what the problem can be? i've tried changing the phone clock from manual to auto and i've tried a battery pull but to no avail.

Also BB Protect keeps asking me to verify my User Id, and when I enter my details it says: Unable to log into your blackberry account

Both issues are driving me crazy and I don't know if they are linked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 24 (8,127 Views)
jaymx22

Re: date/time sync problems with my device

no answers anywhere. :smileysad:

Message 2 of 24 (8,107 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Martin

[ Edited ]

Hi jaymx22

Welcome to the eForum:smileyvery-happy: it is always good to see new faces on here.

I have to admit this is the first time I have seen this, I have had a look on the internet and couldn't find any other examples of this.

The only thing that I can suggest here is to try a factory reset to make sure nothing crazy happened during the set up.

Also if there are any other users who have the same issue please let me know as if we have 10 examples we can raise this with our support teams.

Thanks

Martin

eForum Team

Message 3 of 24 (8,095 Views)
krisbarnes

I'm having the exact same problem!  Its driving me mental!

The date on my SMS messages is showing as Fri 1 May 2043 and I can't log in to blackberry protect or download any apps as it says the same thing as you.... any help is appreciated!

Message 4 of 24 (8,005 Views)
thewelder

I sometimes get the clock freezing, ie if the phone is locked the time will show something 'in the past' then when you unlock it, it will click over to the correct time.

Message 5 of 24 (8,003 Views)
lukeban

i have same problem with mine... all my recieved texts say they were sent at 3:38am on 24th May 2043. but all my sent messages are the right time/date. And my appworld doesnt work and asks me to verify.

Someone told me a security wipe fixes this problem?

Message 6 of 24 (7,944 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your posts on this. I’m sorry to hear that you are having the same issue.

As Martin has mentioned, I would very much recommend a factory reset on your handset. To do this, follow the instructions in Martins link. Don’t forget to back everything up beforehand though!

Please let me know how you get on and if you have any more questions we’ll be happy to help you further.

Cheers

Wayne

eForum Team

If you have a spare minute could you please take the time to fill out a short feedback form about me?

You can do so here

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 7 of 24 (7,919 Views)
fa2011

same issue with mine to, i changed the time from 24 hour clock to 12 hour clock, after that its picking up wrong dates and iv tryed everything. Unsure what to do noW?????????

Message 8 of 24 (7,910 Views)
Tech Team
Dave

Hi fa2011,

As Wayne and Martin mentioned, if this is a software glitch, which seems likely, then the best thing to do is back up your data and follow Martin's link above to perform a factory reset on the device.

It's certainly an unusual issue - not one I've come across before!

Let us know how you get on - if that doesn't resolve it then we'll be happy to investigate further.

Dave

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 9 of 24 (7,897 Views)
JaynePhillips

Hi

I have had my BB9900 for 5 days and never received a text on it. When I spoke to carphone warehouses geek squad they said its because my phone is not registering network time so wont delivery texts??? Tried reset and restore but no luck.

Any ideas???

Went back to Carphone warehouse to get a new one but they don't have any in stock so I have to wait but its a pain not getting my text :smileysad:

Message 10 of 24 (7,823 Views)
Tech Team
LeeJS

Hi JaynePhillips and welcome to the eForum,

To enable us to investigate this further for you I'll send you an email in a moment so we can obtain your account details.

Once you've replied with this please be assured that we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

In the meantime, should you come across anything else which you're unsure of with your 9900 I'd recommend taking a look at our Help Centre here where you'll find lots of hints and tips.

Kind regards,

Lee

Message 11 of 24 (7,772 Views)
allyjg

I'm having exactly the same problem, all my messages say they were sent to me at 23:22 on 12th August 2043, but this has only happened after I installed an update for the app store and messenger. I've changed the date and time back to what they should be, and also set it to manual update, but nothing seems to help. I only got the phone 3 days ago, and I've already tried resetting it once, but the same thing keeps happening.

Message 12 of 24 (7,667 Views)
beavens1974

I'm having the same problem - all texts are showing a date and time of Sat Aug 15 2043. Surely there's enough of us to now investigate this properly and come up with a solution!
Message 13 of 24 (7,622 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Trev

Hi guys.

To get this raised to the device team we normally would need a minimum of 10 separate cases. I'm happy to do this with a couple less, but I do also need to know the firmware versions of all the affected devices. So if you can add this information to the thread, I can get this raised as soon as I get the sufficient numbers and data.

Trev

Message 14 of 24 (7,575 Views)
Hollytrees

Was there an answer to this in the end as my Bold has just started doing this and it's only 12 days old! Difference is the clock and date on the screen actually change to either a couple of days ago or next week and the time tells me it's middle of the night when it's morning!!

Kris

Message 15 of 24 (7,355 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi there Hollytrees,

As Trev stated, we need 10 separate cases on the same firmware version to be able to pass this to our devices team for investigation.

Please could you, and any other reader affected, please post the following information:

• Handset model
  • Firmware version

Cheers,

Lee

Message 16 of 24 (7,303 Views)
BlueberryBiz

Hi

i've got a Bold and mine hasnt been working all morning. Can't get anything to work after re-booting. Can't view emails or texts or connect via PC for updates

Message 17 of 24 (7,248 Views)
Emma_SR

Hello

I have exactly the same problem and would love to get this resolved. My date and time is set correctly but my incoming text messages all appear under Thurs 5 Nov 2043!

My handset model is the blackberry bold 9900.

How do I find out the firmware version?

Thanks,

Emma

Message 18 of 24 (7,035 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi Emma_SR,

Thanks for letting us know you're also suffering with this problem.

To find the firmware version follow the procedure below:

Options

Device

About Device Versions

Under BlackBerry Smartphone you see the OS version and a bundle number. I need the number in brackets :smileywink:

Cheers,

Lee

Message 19 of 24 (7,013 Views)
cmc_alba

Hi,

As a new BB Bold 9900 owner, I'm still finding my way round the phone.  I am more used to to Symbian and just recently dropped my Nokia e7 into water.....and there an end!

Now getting to grips with Bold, I was somewhat alarmed this morning (or I wasn't!) to sleep in becasue the alarm didn't go off on the phone.  Worse, the time had reset itself to the wrong date - the evening before, so of course the alarm didn't go off.  How on earth did that happen?

in the meantime, I've set the 'Update time' under Date and Time to manual to avoid it somehow resetting itself.  is ther anything else I can do?

thanks

Message 20 of 24 (6,112 Views)