Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
superd9900

not happy

have emailed customer services twice now about my faulty 1 month old 9900 and have yet to get a reply..

the phone has several problems..

the screen is curved downwards and does not sit flush with the bezel, this in turn means the buttons under the screen are raised and constantly catch my fingers. (poor quality control at RIM)

when the screen is asleep, it can take up to half a dozen pushes of the back button to wake the screen on alot of occasions

when on a call the proximity sensors plays up, when phone is away from my ear the screen does not come back on

the cursor moves on its own,especially when browsing

have had several random reboots

have gone to SOS mode several times

i believe the most of this is down to poor quality control..i love the phone,just not hapy with knowing it has these faults/defects..

can a mod please advise me as to what i need to do to get this phone replaced with a better quality controlled version?

and can i also enquire as to how i can get my partner listed on my account to have full account access so that he can make phone calls to customer services etc on my behalf as i tend to not deal with these things and let him do it all the time..

many thanks

Message 1 of 10 (2,389 Views)
superd9900

Re: not happy

any mods about?
Message 2 of 10 (2,361 Views)
ldedwards

I have had the exact same problems with my new bold 9900 I got on September the 29th. A week after having the phone I knew there was a problem. I constantly have to keep carrying a charger with me because the battery runs out so quickly, the phone resets itself, the clock on it drive me insane because it keeps going to casablanca timing all in all its just a useless phone. Ever since RIM went down also my emails and bbm signal has been poor and at least once I day im having to do a battery pull to fix it.

If I hadn't given away my bold 9700 to my younger brother I would be using it because I can't handle the annoyance of the whole thing anymore. I've been a bb user for nearly 3 years and I waited ages for a new touch screen bold and this is what I get for it.

Customer services said I could exchange it for a new one but they're all out of stock wherever I go and im not even on a waiting list! Poor!!!

Message 3 of 10 (2,340 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
Tomo1971

http://campaigns.vodafone.co.uk/guylaurence/

If a mod does answer they will tell you take it back to a shop (or return through the original purchase outlet) for a repair.

Dependant on when you bought the phone and when you first made them aware of your problem, you should be able to claim a refund, repair, or replacement under the Sale of Goods Act.

Dont be fobbed off by Voda's 7 day return policy, its the SOGA that gives a customer a 'reasonable' time to return goods. Voda cannot deem 7 days to be a reasonable time, only a court can.

If the handset had a minor fault on it, that was maybe obvious then 'maybe' 7 days is reasonable

If the handset has several faults, some of which (the constant rebooting) isnt so obvious then id say more then id say more than 7 days is required.

Anyhoo, email the dude in the link above, I have had very very good responce from doing just that, so much so, they converted a very unhappy customer to a happy one. Isnt that the aim of customer service?

Good luck, 

Steve

Message 4 of 10 (2,322 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi guys,

Thank you for your posts, I am sorry to see you have been having difficulties with your new devices.

Whenever you take an agreement with Vodafone you receive a cooling off period of 7 days, you can return your handset for any reason at all during this time including faults, this can be seen in our terms and conditions in section 9.

If you would like us to take the handset for a repair you can take it into a store for one of our team to take a look and advise the best options, please ensure all contacts and information are backed up as the handset may need to be wiped.

You can find your closest store using our Store Locator.

If you do not have a store local please advise us of this and we can arrange it from this end.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 5 of 10 (2,314 Views)
johndub71

Join the club.

I am in the same boat with my Bold. No track pad, nfc crashes phone, proximity sensor no function. Random re-boots when warm. Flickering screen, headphones play monoural and loudspeaker at same time.

May I add that under the terms and conditions of the 7 day cooling off period, I did report mine faulty only to be fobbed off they were out of stock and one would be sent out when in stock. A week and a half later I re ring 191 to find no such phone was ordered and that the girl could order me one, but, as it was out the 7 day cooling off period which first 191 operative could care less about, she would get her manager to order this but please wait 7 days. Wednesday night now, no such phone delivered, 2 emails sent and no-one has the manners to reply. I have good commitment to Vodafone with many contracts and I am being treat poorly.

To add on the first 191 conversation. This came about when Loughborough Vodafone shop would not take the phone back because it was an early upgrade done online. I asked about a iphone within the 7 day cooling off period, no, I couldnt have one and it had to be 9900, but unfortunately non in the country.

Can we get this sorted please?

Message 6 of 10 (2,299 Views)
ldedwards

Johndub71- i hear exactly what your saying, the same thing happened to me when I called 191 I was told there is no phones in stock and one would be ordered this was at the beginning of October. I have since called 191 on numerous occasions and each time I'm told something different the final one being a phone cannot be ordered for me, I can not go on a waiting list and I have to just keep trying 191 everyday to see when they get more in stock. I've been to a Voda shop once again they had none in stock but since I did my upgrade online I have to deal with it through 191. HOW SILLY! Vodafone is Vodafone whether its online or in store.

I'm so sick and tired of this phone and waiting in queue on 191 during my lunch break's Vodafone need to sort this ASAP instead of charging me for a phone I can barely use :smileymad:

Message 7 of 10 (2,290 Views)
johndub71

Its is shocking behaviour from a big company.

What gets me though is the internet has stories of RIM shipping these knowingly they are faulty due to PCB manufacture. Some say its the mexican manufactured ones. They ALL say of build quality issues.

How many phones do you know of have key pad lights that dont come on in the dark but flash instead when it is light? Or, by evening, only the Escape button and Call End buttons light up? Or, when the menu goes glitchy and the touch screen stutters, the proximity sensor glows and warns of re-boot.

It drops calls and re-boots. Then theres the vodafone sat nav package which doesnt work on it.

A phone that will allow you to ring the person your talking too then put that call on hold? A phone that will factory wipe for you while you use it, or just re-boot itself into a state of low battery. I know Nokia had problem but BlackBerry have really sent out a poor tool and Vodafone ignoring this is not good.

Message 8 of 10 (2,286 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hey guys,

I'm really sorry but the options Dave has given are the options available to you.

Sorry,

Lee

eForum Team

Message 9 of 10 (2,267 Views)
ldedwards

First of all Tomo, thank you so much for that link. It has been a great help and I got results my new phone is being shipped out ASAP and feel more positive about y query being dealt with efficiently.

JohnDub-thankfully my phone didn't have quiet as many issues as yours thats really poor quality but I understand your frustration completely. My phone is a big part of my life and no-one needs this little things creating issues unnecessarily! I defo recommend emailing your complaint to the link Tomo put up and see how it goes so far so good ill keep you updated on if I actually get the phone. Good luck!

Message 10 of 10 (2,257 Views)