Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

regular sim in Blackberry?

lizellis
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi there,

I'm currently an Orange customer but totally cheesed off with lack of signal at home.  I am therefore intending to switch to Vodaphone but before I do so, I'd like to be sure that I can get a signal.  My idea was to stick in a sim on a 30 day contract.  I do have a couple of questions.

As I don't actually need proper access to my email or internet via my BB at the moment, can I just go with a regular sim and then upgrade later?

If it is all fab and great and I go for a 12 month blackberry sim-only contract but then later decide that I want to go with a regular contract with a non-blackberry handset, can I upgrade to that without incurring a penalty because I'm ending the blackberry contract early?

If I am penalised for ending the BB part early, could I have a non-BB sim and my BB still work (at least until it dies, which on past experience will be within the next 6 months!) in terms of accessing the internet?

I am financially up against a wall at the moment and for the foreseable next 18 months, so looking to minimise costs as much as possible, which is why I'd rather go for a 12 month, rather than a rolling 30 day contract.  I'm not worried about data limits, as I seldom access the internet via my phone and if I can still access the internet on a regular sim, I could access my emails online rather than have them pushed through couldn't I?

Any input much appreciated :Smiling:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Hi and welcome to the forum,

There are a few issues here - so let's get the big questions out of the way:

1. If you take out a 12 month sim on contract you will NOT be able to upgrade earlier than 30 days before it end without a penalty.

2. You could take out a non Blackberry contract but without Blackberry Internet Services you won't be able to access the internet at all on the BB.

3. The size of sim is not important - Vodafone will swap you from one size sim to another on the same contract and number at no cost.

I would have thought that either a 30 day contract with BB services or a Pay as You Go sim with BB services would be the best option for you.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

jeffkinn

Hi and welcome to the forum,

There are a few issues here - so let's get the big questions out of the way:

1. If you take out a 12 month sim on contract you will NOT be able to upgrade earlier than 30 days before it end without a penalty.

2. You could take out a non Blackberry contract but without Blackberry Internet Services you won't be able to access the internet at all on the BB.

3. The size of sim is not important - Vodafone will swap you from one size sim to another on the same contract and number at no cost.

I would have thought that either a 30 day contract with BB services or a Pay as You Go sim with BB services would be the best option for you.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the fast response.  I can't see a sim PAYG deal for BB so I guess it's a 30 day rolling contract to start then.