You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 6: Frequent Poster

5.0.0.216 Leaked

Yeah that was just me reading the file size of Megaupload, after extraction it drops to about that size.

Myrm you may have downloaded the version with the internal tools in it.

What you need to do is as follows....

1. Install everything to your PC
2. Go into Add/Remove Programs (Programs and features for Win7)
3. Uninstall the RIM internal tools <-- this is essential
4. Now you can update your phone.

LG Optimus 3D :smileywink:

Message 21 of 177 (6,939 Views)

5.0.0.216 Leaked

Does anyone know if BBM5 works with this new leaked version?

Thanks
VODAFONE McLAREN MERCEDES
Message 22 of 177 (6,939 Views)

5.0.0.216 Leaked

Does anyone know if BBM5 works with this new leaked version?

Thanks

It doesnt. You need 4.7. :(
---
: Blackberry9520, 5.0.0.713 : Vodafone No Signal :
--
Message 23 of 177 (6,939 Views)
Rank 10: Helper IV

5.0.0.216 Leaked

ok then, so heres a run down of the things im noticing on this OS (prob noticing diff things to everyone else)

1) yep its got the new version of the media centre, where by what used to be in tabs at the bottom are now icons in a submenu (so hope we can play with these when the new plazmic comes out)
2) new profile icons, no more of the little coloured circles denoting what profile your on
3) send option and mailbox option when composing/replying to a email, send option when replying to a sms
4) new sms icon to depict threaded sms
5)still no tabbed browsing, however this IS coming
6)dont hold me to this but im sure in contacts in 4.7 there wasnt the call button in the bottom tabs, also the `copy to sim phone book` is new i think
7)did the calendar used to change months by scrolling up and down? i dont think it did, but again dont hold me to it
8)save button on screen for when creating a new calendar entry
9)in the call screen, the 3 tabs at the top are very pronounced, more like the htc magic, also when searching a contact through the call screen, on the keyboard there is a green call button
10)now i think this ones new too, when bedside mode enables, you can auto enable a new sounds profile with it (clock> options)
11) files tab in applications folder - like explorer in media, but shows all files
12)the music icon has also changed to a music note, rather than the bule arrow in a box
13) in options the applications tab is now in the main menu
14) explaining about multitasking on load up, very helpful for new users
15)the ability to set a little letter to show above your finger when your typing so you know what youve pressed (again see the iphone/magic for the general idea) also you can turn this off which is good, and set delays on it too
16)the ability to choose bubbles or stripes on threaded sms, choice rules :)
17)in the applications screen you can choose either 3rd party, addon or core apps, also theres a icon by the side of the app so you know what your fiddling with
18) awesome new predicitive system, very much like the magic again!! (copycats???)
19) leaving the best till last FLICK SCROLLING (even in the app switcher!!)

now there are a few cons too, like still the focus icon wont hold on the homepage, i cant seems to get weatherbug to update the homepage, even when set to do so, when switching from homescreen to main app screen the `pop out` style has gone, however works on all icons

well there ya go, thats my run down of features iv noticed that i use, also if anyone hasnt yet, make sure that your data is set correctly if you set it to off when roaming (menu for this has changed a little too) and also be sure to remove your event log too
Message 24 of 177 (6,939 Views)

5.0.0.216 Leaked

It doesnt. You need 4.7. :(

:( No OS 5.0 for me then when i get my Storm back, i cant go back to BBM 4.7 LOL
Message 25 of 177 (6,939 Views)

5.0.0.216 Leaked

:( No OS 5.0 for me then when i get my Storm back, i cant go back to BBM 4.7 LOL

I'm failry sure there a new BBM just around the corner. Today I got, for the 1st time, the famous "There is an updated version available" message when I clicked BBM.
---
--
Message 26 of 177 (6,939 Views)

5.0.0.216 Leaked

This leak makes a world of difference to how this phone operates...

It makes the phone feel and act like a completely different device.....

Happy days.
Message 27 of 177 (6,939 Views)
Rank 23: Tutor II

5.0.0.216 Leaked

This leak makes a world of difference to how this phone operates...

It makes the phone feel and act like a completely different device.....

Happy days.

ZOMG!!!!

I know what you mean! I just installed it on my Storm. WOAH!!! :blink: I thought .173 was good but this 5.0...216 is flipping awesome. The phone scrolls so much smoother. Has anybody noticed how vastly imporved the sound quality is too? I have had to reduce the volume of my alerts.

VF!! You simply MUST release this as official. It works like a dream. PLEASE RELEASE IT!!!!
Myrm
----------
DERMY BUD
Message 28 of 177 (6,939 Views)

5.0.0.216 Leaked

ZOMG!!!!

I know what you mean! I just installed it on my Storm. WOAH!!! :blink: I thought .173 was good but this 5.0...216 is flipping awesome. The phone scrolls so much smoother. Has anybody noticed how vastly imporved the sound quality is too? I have had to reduce the volume of my alerts.

VF!! You simply MUST release this as official. It works like a dream. PLEASE RELEASE IT!!!!

.173 was the best and it surprised me that FVUK were the first to officially recognise it. Thats very unlike them.

5.0.0.216 is, I can say after using it for 24 hours, pretty much perfect... and I've tried them all.

I doubt that VFUK will be releasing a 5.0 OS for Storm1 soon though.. but then again who needs them to if we have it?

There are issues with .216, some apps will not work on a 5.0 OS and installing it has caused many people problems, not because of the OS but because BIS has been acting up since Yesterdays upgrade. Yet to see any recognition of that fact though. I'd count the loud volume as a bug also, my alarms this morning certainly made me leap out of bed... in fear that the speakers were going to rip apart.

...but yes. 5.0.0.216 is a BobbyDazzler:smileyhappy:
---
--
Message 29 of 177 (6,939 Views)

5.0.0.216 Leaked

Main question: How does the signal and battery hold up?
Message 30 of 177 (6,939 Views)

5.0.0.216 Leaked

Cant speak about signal as I have a Vodafone Sure Signal, matron.

Battery seems to me to be as good as it always has been with every other OS.
Battery issues are usually caused by having a million things running in the background that you forgot to close properly.
---
--
Message 31 of 177 (6,939 Views)

5.0.0.216 Leaked

Difficult for me to say at the moment, but;

1. Battery: I have just installed it so can't really tell how it affects battery yet.

2. Signal: I live so close to a VF mast that I virtually sleep with the thing, so the signal is always a full strength 3G. I will be able to get a better idea at work tomorrow as I have never had a 3G signal there.
Myrm
----------
DERMY BUD
Message 32 of 177 (6,939 Views)

5.0.0.216 Leaked

right, iv gotta disagree at the moment, there are quite a few bugs really, when youo flick thru your messages, when you go back to the top it can be iffy as to if you get all the top message, the photos dont load as quick as .173 (maybe its cos iv got over 100, but .173 was very fast loading them), the alerts in portrait mode cover the top line of text saying whats highlighted, the icons on the front page dont update - weatherbug and the like, the url the app centre looks for doesnt work, no tabbed browsing (not a bug but it should be there come final release). thats all i can find wrong at the mo, but hey its early days (oh and dont get me started on themes!!)

as for battery and signal, id say give it a few days before judgement is called on that

also look at it from a business standpoint, if they released it before s2, then how many people (like you myrm, and the rest of us) would go `its like a new phone, oh i dont need the s2 now!` thus decreasing sales of the s2, but if they wait till after, then they will sell more storm2/bold2, makes sense to me unfortunatley :(
Message 33 of 177 (6,939 Views)

5.0.0.216 Leaked

One thing I have noticed that seems odd since installing the 5.0....216 firmware is that the UberTwitter icon on the home screen shows a new message star in it even though I have read the new message.

Doesn't do it with SMS or calls.

Odd.
Myrm
----------
DERMY BUD
Message 34 of 177 (6,939 Views)

5.0.0.216 Leaked

Seems to have resolved itself nigh. :rolleyes:
Myrm
----------
DERMY BUD
Message 35 of 177 (6,939 Views)

5.0.0.216 Leaked

I shall not hold my breath, but VFUK need to acknowledge that there is a continuing problem since the BIS upgrade.... like they would even know.

Doesn't affect me as I know what the problem is and how to avoid problems at my end, but I am seeing tons of posts on more popular forums from people with issues.

Whilst this may seem to be OT, I think it relevant as it affecting people installing proper OS's onto their BBs atm.
---
--
Message 36 of 177 (6,939 Views)

5.0.0.216 Leaked

wow just found something cool on OS5, highlight some text, and now instead of the one block for selection, you now get 2! add to this the fact that you can `multitouch` so you can move both at the same time, very nice touch, im very impressed with OS5 (yep, i know about my warranty, but hey the storm 2 might be out soon right??)
Message 37 of 177 (6,939 Views)

5.0.0.216 Leaked

sorry, thread title now obselete, but in a very very good way

lovely :rolleyes:
Message 38 of 177 (6,939 Views)

5.0.0.216 Leaked

@VF If you still insist on altering/deleting my posts please have the courtesy of posting that you have done such and why within the thread.
It is common courtesy to do so.
---
--
Message 39 of 177 (6,939 Views)

5.0.0.216 Leaked

Morning guys and gals

Being someone who's has been through all the os's, yes all of them. From .68 to .173 i can say that this os kicks the pants off the rest of them and i would advise anyone and everyone to upgrade to it. This leak is almost perfect, yes i said almost and there is a reason for that.

A few bugs have popped up over the last couple of hours one of them was,

I tried to select one of the four icons at the bottom of the screen and for awhile it was impossible. All icould select where one of the top 3 icons i.e. clock,connections. Even when i highlighted the bottom ones it would say clock and so on. I then pressed the blackberry button to see if i could use the main menu to select my apps and the problem was still there all i could get into was the clock. A battery pull solved this but it might yet pop up again.

Apart from a few of my paid apps not working :angry: i love this leak and know that soon all my apps will work. Oh yeah and bb5 has vanished also not good.
Message 40 of 177 (6,939 Views)
iPhone 6