You are here:

BlackBerry

Ask a question:
Highlighted
Rank 1: Guest
Accepted Solution

BB 9900 unable to receive BBMs

Hi, my 9900 is able to receive & send both texts & calls without issue, also the internet is fine - however it can only send BBMs, nothing is ever received..! This has been going on for about a week now, I've tried soft & hard reboots, deleting and re-installing BBM. Changing my email addresses & pwds. I've even taken it into one of the v/f showrooms and they were baffled - saying maybe its a problem with Blackberry themselves, try giving it a bit longer & see if it fixes itself... Which obviously it hasn't!
Please can someone offer better advice as it's driving me mad!

Message 1 of 8 (2,939 Views)
Rank 18: Instructor II

Re: BB 9900 unable to receive BBMs

Hi smithl1

A few questions / things to try.

Is your signal indicator showing GPRS, EDGE, 3G in capitals?

You can send a BBM to someone and it's received ... can they reply to this (and do you receive the BBM if it's a reply via an active conversation)?

Can you send & receive PIN messages?

What about to yourself?  (your PIN can be found by holding SHIFT & ALT then pressing H or in Device Settings menu)

Can you BBM yourself (believe it or not, you can invite, add & BBM yourself)?

(this trick seemed to give the system a nudge & solved the problem in a recent post)

Message 2 of 8 (2,928 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the response!

It shows as 3G (caps)

They can respond & it shows as "D" on their handset - but nothing comes through to my device

Can send, but can't receive PINs & when the user responds to PIN it shows as "awaiting authorization" (on both our phones)

Won't let me BBM myself - I'll double check exactly what it says later - haven't got it on me at the mo...

Only had the phone about 4 week, worked fine for the 1st 3 weeks, then this! Nothing out of the ordinary installed, just the standard stuff it updates, when you first switch it on...

Message 3 of 8 (2,915 Views)

It must be something to do with the registration of the handset to the network - you can send via RIM network, but messages aren't finding your BB.

Have you tried forcing a Registration from the Host Routing Table?

(Options > Device > Advanced > Host Routing Table ... Menu Button)

Alternatively, it could be a Service Book issue (although these are usually refreshed by a battery pull).  You could a resend - via Email Settings Menu.

Last thing I can think of ... are you on a corporate BES tariff or standard BIS tariff?

BES administrators can bar certain functions.

Best of luck.

Message 4 of 8 (2,912 Views)

Hi, Thanks again. Forced the registration - no change Resent service books - no change The conversation I'm having with myself shows as ticks with D's on them - as if I hadn't read them... I'm on BIS so no admin to moan at.
Message 5 of 8 (2,906 Views)

Not sure why this thread is now showing as "Solved" seem everything I touch breaks..!
Message 6 of 8 (2,893 Views)

Strike that, it IS solved now :-) Got fed up and re-wiped the phone's OS, then re-installed same version and restored backups... Now all's well again..! Happy days :-)
Message 7 of 8 (2,887 Views)

Glad you're back on the air!
Message 8 of 8 (2,863 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

Help and Support
My Vodafone

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone

Top up