Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BB Passport advice needed from users

MrDJ
5: Helper

background.

after the fiasco with 10.3 operating system forced update > http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/BlackBerry/OS-10-3-on-Blackberry-DONT-DO-IT/td-p/2357051

I will be taking my Q10 to vodafone shop on Friday to see if they can help fix this with a roll back as its been 12 days now and no news from devs at BB.

vodafone techs have been helpful every time ive rang them but they cant do much as still cannot connect to computer.

i actually quite like the new OS except for the smaller icons on screen due to the borders being removed so now 5 on a row compared to previous 4.

my main issue is my job as my phone still cant be used for emergency calls as ive missed so many since update. the callender is another issue as only 2 second alarm and missed an important meeting last week and had to walk into a full boardroom 20 minutes late.

anyway enough of the waffle.

i was thinking of buying the new BB Passport (think its about £550) as my contract doesnt run out until november. this would be as a backup if my Q10 cant be sorted.

all i wanted to know really is how it compares to the Q10 and is it worth the £550 cost to buy as i cant wait for an upgrade for the next 7 months.

only reason im sticking with BB is i like a real keyboard.

thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @MrDJ

You can see the full range of phones online, where you’ll also be able to select them for a comparison.

Alternatively, pop in to your local Vodafone store and take a look at the phone in person.

Thanks,

Laura

thanks for the reply.

due t no fault of own the reason i was going to buy a phone for full price is my 2 year contract does not run out until november so i can upgrade in october. i certainly dont want to take out another contract.

i want to buy the phone with no contract,no sim etc.

only options on your website are contract or pay as u go.

i am going into store tomorrow so will see what they can suggest.

vodafone store cant help as they said they cant downgrade the OS

and they dont sell blackberrys and suggested amazon.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @MrDJ 

The other option would be to take the phone directly to the manufacturer. 

Thanks,

Sukhi

think that would be a bit difficult as they dont even have customer support phonelines. website just gives the tutorial and directs you to their forum which is run by volunteers.

their website says questions about warranty and repairs... contact your service provider.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MrDJ 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I'm afraid that we have no further info to give you. We only stock Pay monthly and Pay as you go varieties of any phone. 

Thanks, 

Amanda