You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 5: Regular Poster

BB data services not working correctly

Just wondering if I've got a problem with data services on my Z10. When using my z10 the blackberry logo next to the network signal is visible but for some reason if I've been on a call or using the Internet when i either end the call or stop using the Internet the blackberry logo seems to choose if it should return or not. Without it i`m unable to use BBM. This morning when i switched the phone on again the Blackberry logo failed to load so i had to put the phone in flight mode and then back to normal and all was well.

Has anyone else had similar problems and if so how was it sorted.

Thanks for any help

Message 1 of 31 (4,484 Views)
Rank 1: Guest

Re: BB data services not working correctly

I've got the same problem and so has my other half. Both Z10 users.
Message 2 of 31 (4,471 Views)
Ben_H
Topics: 202
Solutions: 395

Hi sheppard8321 and sahzzerella,

Thanks for posting. I usually see cases like these when SIM cards need updating. Do either of you have any other phones that you can test your SIM cards in so that we can rule that out?

It's also worthwhile hooking the phone up to the BlackBerry desktop software to do a backup and restore, so as to iron out any software bugs. :smileywink:

Let me know the result once you've tried the above. :smileyhappy:

Cheers, Ben

Message 3 of 31 (4,442 Views)

Thanks for the reply Ben. Yep I've tried the Sim in a BB9900 with no problems. I've also backed up, restored and security wiped my Z10 but to no avail. Looking at other forums its not just a few people having similar problems. Today i switched the Z10 on and didn't have a BB logo next to the signal but when i arrived in Birmingham service was resumed or so i thought. I went on the Internet as that works without any problems, came off and the BB logo failed to appear until i turned the phone into flight mode and back to service.

I can send and receive texts, send and receive email and as i said use the internet.

It just appears to be a intermittent problem with BBM

regards

Message 4 of 31 (4,439 Views)

I`ve been dealing with Blackberry via facebook and they recommend that i get my network to open a case on my behalf with them so they can have a better look. I would appreciate it if a member of the team could take a look at this for me please.

Message 5 of 31 (4,386 Views)

Need a team members help please

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/BlackBerry-Z10-and-BlackBerry-10/BB-data-services-not-working-correct...

i`ve received a message via facebook about this problem from the BB team and they recommend the network opening a case on my behalf so they can look into this for me. The reason i have started this new message is that i replied to ben on the 19th and as yet i`m still waiting for his reply. I know the team are busy but its way past the "we aim to reply within 24 hours"

kindest regards

Message 6 of 31 (4,375 Views)
Rank 38: Professor II

Re: Need a team members help please

Did you get an auto-reply with a tracking number on, such as #123456789

If you can post the number here, when one of the team get to the post, they should be able to find where it is in the system and what is happening with the questions asked.

Message 7 of 31 (4,363 Views)

No tracking number I'm aware of.

Message 8 of 31 (4,357 Views)
Rank 38: Professor II

If there was no reply with number on, the chances are it didn't get to them...

I contacted them last week, and got an auto reply saying a reference number in the title, and a 'thanks for contacting us' auto message in the body.

Did you type the code given to you into the subject line so it would be routed to the correct team's inbox?

Message 9 of 31 (4,352 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

[ Edited ]

Hi sheppard8321,

Looking at the thread, you mean you posted back, not emailed. Sorry this wasn't picked back up sooner.

We need to check a few more things before we can look at raising a case - we either need multiple users or to rule out all other possibilities. As the issue doesn't affect all BlackBerrys or all z10s, it points to an individual case.

When you did the back-up and restore, did you try a full restore to factory settings? If not, can you try this for me and test the phone before you restore the back-up? This will show if anything installed is cutting the BlackBerry connection.

If that doesn't work, then it may be something specific to your phone. If you got it within the last 7 working days, you can arrange a replacement handset. If not, I'd recommend a warranty repair.

Dave

If I've helped at all today, why not leave me a little feedback?

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 10 of 31 (4,333 Views)

Hi dave and thanks for the reply. Yes when i did the restore it was back to factory settings. The BB logo next to the signal was still intermittent. If you look at the second post in this thread another user has the same problem and so does her partner.

Looking at other forums a few other users have had similar problems and have recommended turning off the BIS service as they are no longer needed on the Z10. My only thought with this is if my Z10 ever breaks and i return to an older BB i would end up paying to have BB services added back to my number.

Message 11 of 31 (4,325 Views)

Further update : BBM works fine on wi-fi. Even if the BB logo is missing while i`m connected to vodafone network (sim card) as soon as i switch wi-fi on the BB logo appears. It just appears to be a problem when reverting back to sim card use.

Message 12 of 31 (4,319 Views)
Ben_H
Topics: 202
Solutions: 395

Hi sheppard8321,

In the long term, I think removing the BIS element will give you a much better experience than keeping it on for the off-chance you need to book a repair (which may or may not ever happen). 

Should you ever need to revert back to an older device, I'm sure it's something my team can look at for you. 

I've sent instructions on how to reach my team here should you wish to take the BIS off for now to see if that works for you too.

Cheers, Ben

Message 13 of 31 (4,307 Views)

Sorry it's taken so long to reply but as per tech support I've been trying several things out.

BBM on my Z10 has been working fine for several weeks but for some strange reason it has stopped again today unless I switch wi-fi on then I have no problems. I'm just wondering if now would be a good time to remove BIS from my plan to see if this works any better. 

Ben_H wrote:

Hi sheppard8321,

In the long term, I think removing the BIS element will give you a much better experience than keeping it on for the off-chance you need to book a repair (which may or may not ever happen). 

Should you ever need to revert back to an older device, I'm sure it's something my team can look at for you. 

Ben_H wrote:

Hi sheppard8321,

I've sent instructions on how to reach my team here should you wish to take the BIS off for now to see if that works for you too.

Cheers, Ben

Cheers, Ben

Message 14 of 31 (4,075 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi sheppard8321,

Thanks for your time on the phone this morning, I’m sorry it wasn’t convenient to take my call.

As we discussed, I’ll call again later.

Thanks,

Andrew

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 15 of 31 (4,053 Views)

Hi Andrew thanks for replying. Unfortunately I'm not sure if you have replied to the correct message as I haven't spoke to you as the message says and my phone hasn't rung or left a message on my voice mail. 

Regards 

Message 16 of 31 (4,048 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi sheppard8321,

Andrew did call and when the phone was answer the person said they were unable to talk until after 1.30.

Don’t worry as he is about to try again.

James

Message 17 of 31 (4,037 Views)

Hello again, it seems that once more the problem has arisen regarding lose of data services on my Z10. It has been working fine since having the bis taken off my plan but the last couple of days if i make a call when hanging up the call ends but the data services do not kick back in. I have to either re-boot or turn the phone into flight mode and back to get it to work.

I can call, text (send and receive) but no data. The blackberry logo is missing as i said above until the phone is re-set. Its starting to be a pain now.

Hope someone can help.

Message 18 of 31 (3,876 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi sheppard8321,

This is a strange one because the Z10 doesn’t use the old style BlackBerry services, which means that this could be either a faulty phone or a network issue.

Does this happen in all locations?

How long have you had the Z10?

How old is your SIM?

Do you get a strong 3G signal?

James

Message 19 of 31 (3,854 Views)

Hi James and thanks for the reply. I purchased the phone sim free in february from p4u and the sim card was changed around then as well as it needed to be changed to a micro sim.

It appears to be more apparent around my home area of WS10 although it hadn`t improved yesterday after moving to a different postcode untill i turned the phone into flight mode and then back.

I get a strong 3G signal in my work area of B6 even when in doors but hardly any 3G signal in my home. It does improve slightly when i move into the garden but can`t see me constantly going outside to make a call lol.

regards

Message 20 of 31 (3,850 Views)
iPhone 6