You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
SunnyV

BBM and Email not working on BB 9900

I have a pay monthly handset and since 10pm this evening my email and BBM do not work. I cannot recieve or send any bbms, they have the sending signal sign for a while and then changes to a tick without the D or R sign. I ran a diagnostic on the device and when it got to blackberry registration it says the following:

Blackberry Registration: No

Connected to Blackberry: Abort
Blackberry Pin-Pin: Abort

I cannot access the internet either unless I have my wifi on. Battery Pull has not helped.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Sunny.

Message 1 of 33 (11,240 Views)
cestephen

Re: BBM and Email not working on BB 9900

Hi!

I am having the same issue....

Brand New Bold 9900 and internet doesnt work. Nor does the BBM Messaging Service.....

Help please vodafone?! As my mates BB is sending, (o2) 

Message 2 of 33 (11,235 Views)
Chrisahamer

Same issue here!
Around 10PM I got some Bbm's now nothing.I've been with Vodafone one day now and this isn't doing their reputation any good as our BB's running on O2 and Orange are fine.

Ugh this and the crappy battery on the new bold (although not Vodafones fault) is seriously making reconsider my decision. Maybe I should just go back to my 9700 on O2 -_-
Message 3 of 33 (11,154 Views)
cestephen

Anyone just keep getting messages now saying Blackberry Registered. 

All my bbm msgs just show ticks now.

Not impressed!!!!

Message 4 of 33 (11,147 Views)
Chrisahamer

I managed to receive a few bbm's using a bold 9700 on orange. Then restarted Phone. Now I won't get anything.

So far ive tried.

Soft reset (alt shift (r) and del)
Hard reset (battery pull)
Re hosted routing table.
Tried via wifi only
Tried on sim only

Message 5 of 33 (11,139 Views)
Chrisahamer

OK scratch that.

Tried another thing and now all working.

Switched off data services, switched of phone.
Restarted phone. Switched data services back on all working.

That. Was. Odd.
Message 6 of 33 (11,138 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi SunnyV and cestephen and welcome to the two of you, to the eForum :smileyhappy:

I’m sorry to hear that you are both having problems with this. I appreciate how frustrating this must be for you.

Don’t worry though, help is at hand! It would appear as though you are not correctly provisioned for all the BlackBerry services. I’m going to send you an email over to the email address that you registered with. All you need to do is hit reply and fill in all of the information it asks for. We’ll then get back to you as soon as possible to get this fixed.

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

If you have a spare minute could you please take the time to fill out a short feedback form about me?

You can do so here

Message 7 of 33 (10,967 Views)
visiting-spain

Last week I bought the tarif xs8 payg package for my bold 9700 on the Spain network. Last week worked fine and when I went to pay for this week's data services I've been having the same issues as noted by the others here. Do I also need to register my blackberry?
Message 8 of 33 (10,964 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
BenJ

Hi visiting-spain

Welcome to the eForum!

I've sent you an email so we can look into this for you :smileyvery-happy:

If you can reply back with the details we need, we will be in touch soon.

Thanks

BenJ 

eForum Team 

Message 9 of 33 (10,905 Views)
SunnyV

Still waiting for the email......

Message 10 of 33 (10,889 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
BenJ

Hi SunnyV

I've just resent this for you :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks

BenJ

eForum Team 

Message 11 of 33 (10,887 Views)
ross91

Hi,

I'm also having the same problem, I've added people on bbm and it just says pending, and when people have added me it says the same thing... ive tried deleting them and readding them but it wont seem to work. I've tried it with data services on and off but still the same thing happens???

Message 12 of 33 (10,823 Views)
kelfa_x3

Hi,

I am also having the same issue. At the top of my Bold 9700, it says vodafone UK with a small 3g sign. my BBM only works if i hard reset the phone.. that only works for about a minute, then it goes off. It has been occuring since yesterday.

Message 13 of 33 (10,759 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi ross91 and kelfa_x3

Thanks for both of your posts here. I’m sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your BlackBerry’s.

It sounds like the provisioning of you BlackBerry services may not be as they should. So that we can get this sorted I’m going to send you an email over to the email address that you registered with, all you need to do is hit reply and fill in all of the information it asks for. We’ll then get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

If you have a spare minute could you please take the time to fill out a short feedback form about me?

You can do so here

Message 14 of 33 (10,703 Views)
benwing

Please can you send me that email too.. my Blackberry Bold 9900, ive just moved to a new flat and i have to restart my phone to recieve msg and see updates and emails.. sometimes it works for five minutes then goes.. most frustrating as i rely on the service for work and find they come in handy in emergency situation.. i really do not want to swap networks or phones.. (this isnt a threat as im genually am really happy with the phone when it works)
Message 15 of 33 (10,568 Views)
benwing

any chance i can get that email sent out please, its most frustrating when I am at home as it does not work..
it works fine in my office when i have access to a computer and other devices, but when i am at home and rely on my BB services they do not work, is it a signal problem in my flat, although my friend on vodafone with different BB eg the torch it works fine?
Message 16 of 33 (10,555 Views)
RuaridhEvans

Hi Wayne
I am having the same problems with my email, bbm etc. Could you please send me that email so I can sort out my bold 9900.
Any help, much appreciated.
Thanks
Ruaridh
Message 17 of 33 (10,520 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi benwing and welcome to the eForum

Thanks for your post here. I’m sorry to hear that you are having problems with this. I appreciate how frustrating this must be for you.

Your problem is different to that of the posters above, so me sending you the email will not help in this situation.

If you are having problems at your home postcode but this is fine everywhere else then the problem maybe with the network in your area. In which case can you tell me what the full postcode of the area is?

If you have a friend who has a BlackBerry on the Vodafone network in the same area and theirs works without any issues then the problem may be with your handset. With this in mind can you perform a master reset on the device to reset the phone back to its original settings. Please remember to back everything up before you do this.

Please let me know how you get on and if you have any more questions and we’ll be happy to help you further.

Hi RuaridhEvans and welcome to the eForum

Can you give me a little bit more information as to what problems specifically you are having along with any error messages that you may get?

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

You can do so here

Message 18 of 33 (10,507 Views)
FionaSC

I have been having the same problem as all these previous posts.  My texts and calls work but not my bbms or emails.  Have tried restarting and most other things suggested. How can I fix this  ?

Message 19 of 33 (10,184 Views)
Kscott

Hello,

I am having the same issue with my 9300. Can you please send me the email as well? 

Message 20 of 33 (10,173 Views)