Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BBM not working

J22
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi

I bought a SIM only contract with vodafone for 500mb, unlimited texts and 300min per month. At the same vodafone store I bought the Blackberry Curve 9320 handset and specifically asked if I could use BBM and all other Blackberry features with the contract I had just bought. Both the sales assistant and manager said this wouldn't be a problem and everything will work with the contract I had just bought. Its been over 2 days now and I have still got pending waiting for authorisation in BBM.

I have no BIS or BES on the phone - is this something I would need to make BBM work?

Any help would be appreciated, I am new to Blackberry's and this is why i doubled checked with the store before I bought one that BBM etc would work. I can access internet and download APPs from blackberry world using home wifi too.

Thanks. J22,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

You need BIS running on the phone not BES. That is for corporate email.

The BIS subscription is often a separate sub from the main plan and costs an extra £5 per month. You need to establish if the SIM only plan you bought included Blackberry services. If so ring customer services and ensure it is switched on. If not, you will need to take out the BIS subscription and ask the store why they did not tell you about this.

You can tell if BIS is running by looking at where is says 3G or GPRS. If they are in upper case, BIS is active. If they are in lower case, BIS is not on.

Without BIS you will not be able to use the internet or BBM.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

jeffkinn

You need BIS running on the phone not BES. That is for corporate email.

The BIS subscription is often a separate sub from the main plan and costs an extra £5 per month. You need to establish if the SIM only plan you bought included Blackberry services. If so ring customer services and ensure it is switched on. If not, you will need to take out the BIS subscription and ask the store why they did not tell you about this.

You can tell if BIS is running by looking at where is says 3G or GPRS. If they are in upper case, BIS is active. If they are in lower case, BIS is not on.

Without BIS you will not be able to use the internet or BBM.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi J22,

Have you managed to get the BIS set up?

As Jeffkinn says, this is needed, so it should have been included in the price plan or, if not, it should, have been offered as an add-on at point of sale

If you don't have this in place yet, we'll take a look for you - just follow the steps in my PM.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Dave

NJC1002
2: Seeker
Can you help me please I have had this phone for couples months but I have had this sim for couple of years I topped up late and my BIS is not working please help me asap

NJC1002
Help mee please

Hi NJC1002,

Welcome to the eForum.

So my team can look into this, get in touch with us here.

Cheers,

Laura