Ask

Solution

BBRY Z10 device pin bloked

lmaks
3: Seeker

Hi Vodafone,

Ive issue with my Blackberry Z10 "Device PIN blocked"

my friend was on vacation in Greece and bought this phone for me in the vodafone store
I have put my sim card and try to connect to internet. I got the error "Device PIN blocked".
I can make calls and sms, but i can't connect to internet.
In the phone setting I see that phone unlocked to any sim, provider or network.

I have called BBRY support in USA, they have redirected me to Vodafone service provider.

Vodafone Greece +302106702000 said that the phone PIN and IMEI are not listed in their database

Then, Ive called to Vodafone UK +44 (0) 1635 33251 and provide them IMEI. EU UK operator said me that phone IMEI is clear and they are very surprised that I have problems with the phone,

because my smartphone is unlocked to any provider/network and it has inscription on the box "Can be used in the ALL European countries".

Please coordinate me, what should I do next to get fully operational phone? (activate my PIN)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @lmaks 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I've sent you a private message with details how to get in touch, so that we can look into it further. 

Thanks, 

Amanda 

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

MrDJ
5: Helper

i would remove your contact details if i were you and wait for a moderator to reply to your message.

lmaks
I can't modify my post

not sure if it can be edited if you are posting this on your phone but on a computer click "options" top right of your message and click "edit".

lmaks
OK, thanks. I am using mobile version of this forum.

the phone number was removed due to security reason, this is expected

why PIN was removed? I guess that PIN is needed to solve issue

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Imaks

Seeing as you can use the phone for calls and texts, it sounds like an issue with the BlackBerry PIN.

I recommend contacting BlackBerry UK so they can look into everything further.

Thanks,

Jenny

Hi Jenny, thanks for reply.

Yes, you are right, "Device PIN blocked" means that PIN is blocked by Blackberry infrastructure.

I have contacted BBRY support team, they said me thy only Service Provider can assist me. According to Blackberry Knowledge Base KB33469

When turning on the BlackBerry smartphone, the message Device Pin Blocked. Unable to contact BlackBerry service. Please contact service provider for assistance displays and only provides the option to place an emergency call.

Resolution
The BlackBerry smartphone has been blocked by the BlackBerry Infrastructure. Please contact the service provider for further assistance.

On the box I see Vodafone sticker, thus only Vodafone can help me to activate this PIN.
Thanks in advance.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @lmaks 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I've sent you a private message with details how to get in touch, so that we can look into it further. 

Thanks, 

Amanda 

Thanks Amanda! I've submitted request via "Contact us" according to ALL instructions!

Hope it can help to solve my issue.

Thanks in advance.