Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BlackBerry 8520 Enterprise Activation Issue

Johno779
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have an unlocked ex Virgin Mobile BlackBerry 8520, it was on a BIS contract with Virgin. I have now acquired a Vodafone SIM with the BES Enterprise add on. I have an enterprise activation code from my system administrator that is associated with my Exchange email account. However when I perform enterprise activation it sits on 'Contacting server' for 15 minutes before timing out. It feels like a problem with my device as I am able to activate a different blackberry OK with  the same email address (so no issues with the activation email being deleted or placed in SPAM folder). Have removed battery and SIM and restarted several times - no effect.

Now could this be some legacy of the fact that this was a Virgin Mobile device? for instance the APN (under advanced options / TCP/IP) is goto.virginmobile.uk? Do I somehow have to download Vodafone enterprise Blackberry settings (such as APN and probably others)? I've tried blanking out the APN settings but it makes no difference.

Not sure if it helps but when I click 'Default Services' in Advanced Options I get a blank screen, I feel there should be something there.

Phone and browser (Vodafone live) work fine with the Voda SIM - it's just the enterprise activation (I definitely have the BES add-on as I've just had my bill and I am charged for it).

Thanks

JohnO

1 REPLY 1

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Johno779,

Welcome to the eForum.

We’ll need to check the plan you’re on.

So we can do this, get in touch with us here.

Cheers,

Laura