Support:

BlackBerry

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
samfur0104

BlackBerry 8900 Curve - Unable To Connect To The Internet Via WiFi

I just got the BlackBerry Curve 8900 yesterday & love it.

I'm jut having a problem with connecting to the internet using WIFI. I can connect to the WIFI network & the phone shows I'm connected as per the instructions, but when I get to the part where I click on WIFI Hotspot Login, I get an error message saying "unable to connect to the internet, please try again later".

I went into my browser settings & set the default browser to the hotspot one to see if that would work & it appeared to connect to something but then just froze on me.

Also, the screen went white & the phone shut down earlier on this morning whilst I was browsing the web (using GPRS). Is this normal?

I'd be grateful for any help...
Message 1 of 2 (2,963 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Jon_V

BlackBerry 8900 Curve - Unable To Connect To The Internet Via WiFi

Hi Leedsgirl85,

Are you trying to connect to a public Wi-Fi Hotspot, or a private one? If it's your own private Wi-Fi you're connecting to, then there's no need to use the "Hotspot Login" option. That's purely for services like BT Openzone and The Cloud, where you get forced to log in through their own web-page before you're given full access to the internet.

When connecting to a private Wi-Fi Hotspot, once you're connected, that's it - your phone will automatically switch over to using Wi-Fi.
You should see that on the top of your home screen, as well as displaying Vodafone UK, it'll also display the name of the hotspot you're connected to. In addition, whenever your Blackberry Services are being routed through Wi-Fi, the Wi-Fi logo in the top right will go solid white rather than grey.

I trust this helps :)

Jon

eForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? click here
Message 2 of 2 (2,963 Views)