You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Leahp12

BlackBerry Curve - Using A Contract SIM In A PAYG Phone?

Hi, i currently have an IPHONE 3GS, however, feel like a change. A friend has offered to buy my iphone, and i am interested in getting the blackberry curve 3g model, i am currently on contract with vodafone, however when questioned in carphone warehouse today, the saleswomen informed me that if i bought the blackberry as a pay as you go phone, and then used my contract sim card in the new phone, that bbm and push services wouldn't work? is this correct? confused! :/
Message 1 of 9 (6,264 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Helen

Hi LeahP12

A big warm welcome from all of us here at the eForum! :D

If you buy a BlackBerry handset (unlocked) you'll be able to use your current SIM in the BlackBerry for calls and texts. To get the BlackBerry services like push email and messenger working you'd have to add an extra package on to your contract. This package (BlackBerry Internet Solution) allows you to use the BlackBerry server and get all of the fantastic features of the phone and costs £5 per month.

It can be added onto most priceplans but we'd need to take a closer look at your account to see if it can be done for you.

I've got an email on it's way to you now, if you can reply to this with the information we've requested we'll be in touch! :)

Cheers,

Helen

eForum Team
Message 2 of 9 (6,264 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
welshrosco

Usually iphone tariffs can be more expensive than blackberry tariffs, u can change ur plan to include all the services just as ur iphone plan was purpose built blackberrys have the same purpose built plans too. U may not be able to lower the cost per month but u may find u get more minutes but no bt openzone.
Message 3 of 9 (6,264 Views)
Stevo57uk

Re: BlackBerry Curve - Using A Contract SIM In A PAYG Phone?

I have just bought a blackberry curve 8520 on PAYG to use with my contract SIM as my nokia N97 is no more..... but i am unable to use most of the funtions on it. like face3book and MSN as it says i am not registried can you shine any light on this???

Message 4 of 9 (5,640 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi Stevo57uk,

Welcome to the Vodafone eForum from all of the team.

The answer to your query is in Helen's post above, as I currently have no access to our email system I can't send an email to you however if you head over to our contact us page and simply fill in the details and send us an email using EFT165 Your eForum query as the subject line, it will get routed to us so we can get this sorted for you.

Remember you will need to include the link to this thread so we can see exactly what your query relates to. :smileywink:

James

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 5 of 9 (5,615 Views)
Nathany824

i currently have this exact same issue .. how can you use bbm and push ?

Message 6 of 9 (4,359 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
mari1970

Hi Nathany824,

If you are not on a Blackberry price plan already then you will need to call Customer Care and ask for BIS to be added to your price plan.. This will cost an extra £5 a month

Message 7 of 9 (4,351 Views)
Nathany824

what is the number for customer care ?
thankyou
Message 8 of 9 (4,348 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
mari1970

You can call Customer Care on 191 free from your mobile, or 08700700191from another line

Message 9 of 9 (4,303 Views)