You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 3: Occasional Poster

BlackBerry Storm 2 - How Do I Store 121 As The Voicemail Number In The Phone?

when i recive a text message saying new voice mail, you press the green phone button that gives you the option: Call Voicmail?
if you press yes, it dials 864236245, but this number is unobtainable, as its not my voice mail number.
Message 1 of 5 (3,904 Views)
Rank 1: Guest

Options > Phone Options > Voicemail > Enter 121 in the 'Access Number'. This creates a 'Speeddial number' '1' which can be seen from Options > Phone Options > Speed dial numbers.

It might be that you have overridden the Voice Mail 'shortcut' with one of your own numbers?
Message 2 of 5 (3,904 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster

when i recive a text message saying new voice mail, you press the green phone button that gives you the option: Call Voicmail?
if you press yes, it dials 864236245, but this number is unobtainable, as its not my voice mail number.

1 -Press the Green key to go to Call Screen - where you have the people you've called / they've run you.

2 - Press the BB key, select Options

3 -Select Voice Mail - this will give you the Access Number to dial my default. You should have here the '864236245' rogue number.

4 -Delete this rogue number and type in 121

5 - If you've any passcode number, put this on the next line

6 - Press the BB key and select Save.

Job done!

To confirm, press the Green key to o to the call screen, press the first 'tab' at the top of the screen for the keypad to come up. Press and hold down the '1' key and it'll bleep, bleep, bleep away as it dials your selected saved number, which will be your VF voicemail if you followed steps 1-6 correctly!

:-)
Message 3 of 5 (3,904 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there handyelectrical,

Great to see some fantastic advise from the community - thanks johnatecs and HMG1K!

If there's anything else you need a hand with, please let us know! :)

Daz

eForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 4 of 5 (3,904 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster

thanks guys, the voicmail is phone corectly if i hold the 1 key it is only when i recive a text message saying new voicmails. When i press the gerrn key in this screen it give the option of phone ing voice mail, only if i select this option it dials the rogue number!
Message 5 of 5 (3,904 Views)
iPhone 6