You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
bubblydom

BlackBerry Torch - Help Needed To Set Up Email

Everytime I go into set up email accounts, it asks me for a username and password?

I have never set up a username and password and every possible combination I could think I may have done without knowing doesn't work.

All I want to do is get my hotmail account's emails to my phone like my last one used to. I had no bother with that, simple type in my email address and password and boom!

Any ideas?

Thanks
Message 1 of 7 (4,954 Views)
grakirby

Everytime I go into set up email accounts, it asks me for a username and password?

I have never set up a username and password and every possible combination I could think I may have done without knowing doesn't work.

All I want to do is get my hotmail account's emails to my phone like my last one used to. I had no bother with that, simple type in my email address and password and boom!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Are you talking about the Voda BIS website login? If so, call 191, ask them to create one and voila! It worked for me... good luck
Message 2 of 7 (4,954 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Trev

Hi bubblydom

I'm confident we can get this resolved for you. :)

The procedure for adding an email account via the handset is as follows:

• On the Home screen, click the Setup icon.
  • In the Setup section, click the Email Accounts icon.
  • Follow the screens to set up your email address. When your email address is set up correctly, you receive a confirmation message. To view and manage your email messages, on the Home screen, click the Messages icon.If you are trying to do this at http://mobileemail.vodafone.net you will need to contact customers services to have a password and username created.

You can get further help with this device from our Torch help pages.

Let me know if you're still having any issues.

Regards

Trev
    eForum Team
  • Message 3 of 7 (4,954 Views)
    daniel100992

Re: BlackBerry Torch - Help Needed To Set Up Email

Hi,

I've been trying to set-up my hotmail and gmail email accounts, and whilst all of the literature and the very good video show a screen in which you choose either  an Internet Mail Account or an Enterprise Account, my 'phone does not give me any such choice;  there is simply the option to set-up an Enterprise Account.

What do I need to do to get this, all important, choice?

Thanks...Dan

Message 4 of 7 (4,686 Views)
    Moderator (Retired)
    James

Hi Dan,

It sounds to me like you don't have the blackberry internet service option active on your account, the service is £5 per month on top of your normal line rental charges.

For more information on BIS check out our BIS support pages.

To double check this and get a resolution in place we will need to access your account, simply reply to the email that I am going to send you in a moment with your details and I will get one of the team on it first thing in the morning.

James

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 5 of 7 (4,668 Views)
    Vallogor

I'm going to do this too - I had my company's email setup n my Blackberry as easy and as quickly as you like. All of a sudden my account becomes invalid.

My question therefore is why do I need a BIS login and what changed in my settings. In order to re validate my account I need to log on and enter a password I've never set up.

Anybody tell me why this is necessary?

B

Message 6 of 7 (4,021 Views)
    Vallogor

Ok, so the wonderful people on technical support have fixed my problem.

without me knowing I had a BIS account already setup.

Next time you set up an email account on your Blackberry phone 191 (or equivalent number) and get them to confirm your account details.

They will have been setup and you will probably not know them.

Problem solved!!!!

B

Message 7 of 7 (3,993 Views)