Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blackberry Classic versus iPhone 6

wynmorgan
7: Helper
7: Helper
Help. I am not far from upgrade time. I have been a Blackberry boy for some time. Can't beat the Bold lol. I currently have the Q10. So my question is should I go for the Classic. I went to some stores today to compare the Classic with the iPhone. I am the only family member to resist the iPhone! I am not a huge fan of touch screen or virtual key pads although I type this on my iPad. The iPad is big enough to take my ham fisted fingers. The phone however is an altogether different tool. I would hold and type with the same hand unlike the iPad where I use both. The iPhone 6 does seem ok as it is bigger. The blackberry isn't that easy when alternating between numbers and letters Can anyone help? Hopefully I will find a store where I can play with one but Blackberry aren't too popular and stores tend not to bother. My other question is that I have a lot of photos and whatsapp conversations on the Q10. If I go for the Classic i can use BB Link. If I moved to Apple is that them lost forever.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I now have the iPhone 6. It is amazing. I am a longtime BB user. Bye bye BB

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @wynmorgan ,

It's always tricky when you're caught between models at the point of upgrade!

Both phones boast some great features. 

I'm pretty ham-fisted myself and find third party 'swipe' or 'trace' keyboards on many phones help make one handed touchscreen texting easier. There are loads out there, so try testing one on your iPad to see what I mean.

The BlackBerry Classic should be available to try out in store too if you'd like to have a play. Our staff there will be happy to show off some of its key features too. :Smiling:

With regards to Whatsapp, I know when I've moved between devices, the conversations have been available to download from my Whatsapp profile. As it's a third party app, I'm not sure how that works cross platform, but other community members may be able to chip in with their experiences. :Winking_smiley:

Let me know which you end up going for. :Laughing_Face:

Cheers,

Ben

Thanks.  Regrettably I have not found a classic in any store near me yet - including Vodafone who had no idea when it was even due in.  Youve lost me with words like swipe and trace.  No idea what you mean.  And how would I test one on the ipad? 

The h letter on my keyboard is now sticking so I have a choice of replacement or upgrade. I think I'm due upgrade. But still not sure. The Classic seems no better that the Q10 other than returning the track pad. Why lock onto another 2 year deal just for that I ask myself. But I'm not an iPhone guy! Has anyone out there upgraded from the Q10 to the Classic? Was it worth it?

Hi guys. I went into 6 mobile stores today. None stock the blackberry classic. Including Vodafone. How bad is that.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @wynmorgan

You can upgrade via our website.

You'll have a 14 day cooling off period to make sure you're happy with the phone.

Thanks,

Gemma

It's ok. I'll stick with what I've got until I can hold one.

I now have the iPhone 6. It is amazing. I am a longtime BB user. Bye bye BB