Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can anyone convince me not to leave blackberry

wynmorgan
7: Helper
7: Helper
After many years of bb - notably the bold and for the last two years the Q10 - I am struggling to justify to myself why I should move to the classic. BB has gone nowhere in 2 years. Just put back what should never have been removed - the trackpad. The only reasons that I would stay are the real keyboard, the SD card slot and how easy it would be to transfer data from my Q10 via BB link. There are ways of transferring data I am told. Certainly Samsung has a method. No idea about the iPhone. I am told that I would get used to a virtual keypad! I just like the click of the button when depressed on the BB. I am out of contract with Vf. So is it the Classic, the S6. Or the iPhone 6? Help before I go totally crazy
47 REPLIES 47

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
All predictive text can be turned off. As I've said in the past there are multiple keyboards to try in either platform.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Indeed but i have no interest in swype or the like. I like to type and hear the click. As with you i use two thumbs

jeffkinn
Don't knock swipe until you try it. But as you are so acutely concerned about the keyboard I would recommend you get a BB as a touch screen phone is likely to be become a self fulfilling prophecy for you and fail to live up to expectations.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I have tried swype on someone else's phone. Its not for me. Now you have resorted to being rude and insulting.

jeffkinn
I've not been rude in any way. I'm giving you practical advice as you are very sensitive to the idea of a virtual keyboard. But you can now count me out of this conversation.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I am grateful for your thoughts on this matter and appreciate ypur time.

Perhaps its time to close this down. It is clearly about choice. Bells and whistles of the iPhone or keyboard and a great tool to email and do business. I dont use apps and therefore the iphone has no strong appeal. BB could do with allowing more downloads than it does. Snapchat and kik to name but two. After a long wait Nat West has now sorted the app for banking but it comes a few years after the iphone. Software developers simply do not like BB. The S6 is just too big (wide) for my liking. I guess that I'm going to be boring and stick with the BB. Well for as long as it has an SD Card slot and a keyboard.

so maybe someone can tell me how it has changed from the Q10.  Firstly has Blend replaced Link?  Currently data is stored on Link.  Can this beestored to Classic?  How does Blend fit in?  Next what can we have on Classic that we couldnt on Q10?  e.g.  Snapchat?  Call blocking is readily available on iphones and Androids within seconds.  But this option is not available on BB and the Apps just dont work.  Anyone with a Classic able to help please?