cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blackberry Services have been cut from my price plan?

kewfriend
4: Newbie

I am in deep deep despair.

I have an old  BB Torch with a new SIM card - obtained on the advice of business tech support. My situtation has just gone from bad to awful

Symptoms before SIM card swop over were as follows:

BB Services available via Wifi and SureSignal but only very rarely on 3G despite good signal strength. Occasionally I get a BB Services icon on 3G but as soon as move to another Voda cell I lose it. Abroad: not a problem - consistent good BB Services. Sometimes I do get two or three consecutive days when all returns to normal - then nothing (again). Most commonly the symptoms seem to arise after a prolonged period in the office on wifi or SureSignal but then I maybe guessing.

New SIM card today (on advice of tech support): bye bye SureSignal connection ... that doesnt work at all any more. How can Vodafone call themselves a communications company?

Yes ... my BB Torch is up to date and ... yes.. we've done the battery pull trick. It shows all service books BUT I get an interesting message from Blackberry Protect saying that my Price Plan does not cover BB services - which of course it does - and has done for several years. OR has Vodafone done something really stupid or naughty with my price plan? Back in the office on Wfi I get BB services via Wifi.

I need my BB to constantly feed me with my business emails and now my business is being affected. BBM is now utterly useless.

My Torch handset has had no significant changes to it for several years - and has been a brick of reliability.

So please please please rescue me. As ever at the weekend Business Tech Support is not available at the weekends and I have already lost emails (which thankfully turn up via wifi ). This is a simply dreadful situation.

I am in deep deep despair.

3 REPLIES 3

kewfriend
4: Newbie

OK ... it is Sunday and finally I get a 3G BB message that my old phone with its new SIM has been registered on the BB and Vodafone network. I have the BB symbol - but the SureSignal still wont register my phone. Given that my number hasnt changed, only the SIM card, the SureSignal fiasco is really annoying. I now have to leave the phone 'in the roof' to get the 3G signal which is of course where I cannot hear it. I despair. Why is 'tech' such a nightmare?

Tech support were charming. It seems that changing the SIM really can cause SureSignal issues. I now have to wait 6 hours, but I'm not confident. The SIM change seems to have cleared the BB services fault. So no phones at the moment.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @kewfriend 

I'm sorry to see the problems that you're having with this.

We'd need to investigate this further to what's happening, however our team are unable to access business accounts. 

If you email us here then we can pass your details on to the business team. 

Thanks, 

Amanda