You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
AntStandish

Blackberry Torch 9800 Keyboard Problem? Or quick fix?

Hi, I'm new to the Blackberry game, and thought I'd treat myself and throw myself into the deep end and get the latest one out.
So I ordered my BB Torch and it came a few days ago. And today, quite unexpectedly, the keyboard stops working and is totally unresponsive. The only thing that seems to be working correctly is the touch screen.. Even the buttons under the screen have stopped working.
I have tried taking the battery out, leaving it for a few minutes and replacing it again but that doesn't seem to fix it (although it does allow the scroll button to work a little but is still slow).

Is there a quick fix or solution to this problem? Any help will be really appreciated!
looking forward to seeing your reply.
Message 1 of 3 (12,134 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Re: Blackberry Torch 9800 Keyboard Problem? Or quick fix?

Hi AntStandish,

Welcome to the Vodafone eForum from all of the team.

I’m sorry to hear that you are having issues with your blackberry torch.

To get this sorted there are a few things that you can try including;

Soft Reset

Press ALT + RIGHT SHIFT(CAP) + DELETE.

Double-Soft Reset

Press ALT + RIGHT SHIFT(CAP) + DELETE . The screen will go blank for a few seconds. When the screen comes back on, immediately press ALT + RIGHT SHIFT(CAP) + DELETE again.

Data Wipe

If none of these help your issues, you may want to wipe all data from the device and start anew with factory default settings

I appreciate that you may not be able to do some of these if the keyboard is not working however I would give it a go just to make sure.

However, if this still doesn’t resolve the issue for you then I would recommend looking at sending the phone away for a free of charge repair so that an engineer can have a look at the device for us and repair the fault for you.

James

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 3 (12,085 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
AntStandish

Re: Blackberry Torch 9800 Keyboard Problem? Or quick fix?

Hi James,
Thanks for your reply.

I think I've solved my problem.
What I had done was, I bought a rubber case for my blackberry, and I think either the case was too tight and caused the phone to sweat which moistened it and caused it to stick and the keypad locked itself. OR the case was too tight and held the lock button down so the keypad did not unlock.
Either way, it works fine now as I've took the back part of the case off. I've left the front one on to protect the screen part.
Works a dream!

Cheers!!
Message 3 of 3 (12,056 Views)