Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blackberry Z10 Voicemail notifications

fishorchid2fish
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Towards the end of March I noticed I was no longer receiving SMS notifications of voicemails. For the past four months I've been trying to resolve this issue with Vodafone. When i put the microSIM from current Z10 into an old Bold I receive SMS notiifcations. I've spent ages on the phone to customer services being offered contradictory advice, been directed to take the phone to a Vodafone store - and on arrival told, "Its clearly a network issue. We can't do anything about it" -  unistalled/reinstalled opearting system; experienced a remote install and exchanged endless emails with Network and Enterprise Technical Support who eventually told me it was a handset issue. When i first notified Vodafone of the issue I was still on a 12 month contract. When this expired i started a SIM only contract and was then told that either i could pay to have the phone repaired or an "Early update". Against my better judegment I took the latter option with a new Z10. This has exactly the same fault. Blackberry say they are aware of no software issues regarding voicemail SMS notifications. After 45 minutes + on the phone today I was offered a replacement Z10. My concern is that this will probably present the same problem.

15 REPLIES 15

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi fishorchid2fish,

This is disappointing to see. I think its best we wait and see how you get on with the replacement Z10, as this will determine if it's a phone or network fault.

Keep us updated :).

Thanks,

Sukhi

Sukhi thanks for your message. At the risk of appearing churlish, "Disappointing" is something of an understatement in describing an unresolved problem which I first brought to Vodafone's attention more than four months ago.

With regard to your advice, I am still awaiting a replacement handset. Its been out of stock since 18 July.

Hi fishorchid2fish,

So we can chase this up, please click here to send us your details.

Thanks,

Gemma

Gemma I trust you recieved my reponse to your request?

Hi fishorchid2fish,

We've received your email and we'll be in touch shortly.

Thanks,

Matt B

Hmm. Spoke with Vodafone Returns. Advised Z10 out of stock & that I should therefore ring them on Tuesdays to see if it had returned to stock. Did this a couple of times and was then advised to return the phone so that I could revert to SIM only contract. Adviser suggested I ring my nearest Vodafone shop to see if they had any in stock. She suggested I make sure that they had several as they would not be able to replace it until Vodafone received my current handset. In the interim she said she would send me a "Returns bag". Rang the store several times but never able to get through. Visited the shop. Salesperson said, "They should have know we don't stock Z10's anymore." A couple of days later someone called at my home - I was at work - and asked my son for my phone. He knew nothing about the matter. Rang Customer Services and after about 20 minutes spoke with someone in Returns. She told me the person I spoke to previously should have said a courier brings the returns bag to my house. I asked how I was supposed to know when they were calling and after much debate regarding assumptions such as  "Surely there's somebody there" arranged a date for the returns bag to be delivered. No negotiation regarding time frame - "Between 8 and 6" - so reluctantly took a day off work. Of course nobody came. Rang Customer Service. "He's coming on Monday." I explained I had been told a different date. "No, its down as Monday". Explained I had taken a day off work and didn't intend to loose another day. Adviser then said I could take it to my Vodafone shop to return it. Therefore went back to the Vodafone shop and explained all of the above. "No, you can't do that." Asked to speak to the manager. Another person told me they could send it back as a "Repair". They refused to accept battery, back plate, box etc. However, a couple of days later another guy came to the house and picked up the rest of the bits. Today I've recieved an email & txt saying my phones been "Repaired" and is awaiting collection. I lack the vocabulary to adequately comment...

Hi fishorchild2fish,

You'll need to return to the store to collect the phone.

We want to make sure that you're going to get the battery and back cover back.

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact us page.

Thanks,

Matt B

Hello Matt Thank you for your response. I am puzzled as to why you tell me, "You'll need to return to the store to collect the phone" when i had explained in tedious detail that Vodafone Returns had told me to send it back to them so that I could revert to my SIM only contract.

Hi fishorchil2fish,

Has the phone that you’ve had been returned via a bag? Or was this taken to store to be retuned?

Thanks,

Laura