You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
tronny

Blackberry torch unable to connect to blackberry services

Hi, I have just bought a blackberry torch as the samnsung galaxy I was using with my vodafone account (pay monthly) has been broken, and I needed a new handset. The phone is not currently linked to a network and is brand new. It seems to accept the SIM card OK and sends / receives texts / phone messages, however I am unable to set up any of the key features such as email accounts / blackberry services etc. Having spent quite some time already, it seems to need a blackberry account with vodafone to do this. Is this something I can set up - or would I need to change my subscription with vodafone to do it? help!!

Message 1 of 6 (3,113 Views)
Rank 46: Oracle V
jeffkinn

Re: Blackberry torch unable to connect to blackberry services

You will need to get the Blackberry BIS service added to your account to allow you to use the Blackberry for email and Blackberry messenger.

I think this costs £5 per month but VF will tell you for certain.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 2 of 6 (3,109 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

Hi tronny,

jeffkinn is spot on - the BlackBerry will need a BIS subscription to be set up, which costs £5 a month.

If you don't have one yet, we can get that added for you. I've popped you a PM, so just follow the directions in there to get us your details and we'll get you up and running.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 3 of 6 (3,069 Views)
blackberryhelp2

I'm having the same problem and need a BIS, would it be possible to help me get that sorted onto my current contract?

Message 4 of 6 (2,929 Views)
superdooper68

Hi Dave, can you do the same for me . Have opted in for messenger but unable to connect or set up email also internet not working even on home wifi. Please help as this is my daughters phone and costing me a fortune on  texts at the moment . cheers andy

Message 5 of 6 (2,910 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

Hi guys,

blackberryhelp2 - I PM'd you in response to your ther post regarding this here.

---------------------------------------------------

superdooper68 - I'll send you a PM now to help.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 6 of 6 (2,873 Views)