Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can anyone convince me not to leave blackberry

wynmorgan
7: Helper
7: Helper
After many years of bb - notably the bold and for the last two years the Q10 - I am struggling to justify to myself why I should move to the classic. BB has gone nowhere in 2 years. Just put back what should never have been removed - the trackpad. The only reasons that I would stay are the real keyboard, the SD card slot and how easy it would be to transfer data from my Q10 via BB link. There are ways of transferring data I am told. Certainly Samsung has a method. No idea about the iPhone. I am told that I would get used to a virtual keypad! I just like the click of the button when depressed on the BB. I am out of contract with Vf. So is it the Classic, the S6. Or the iPhone 6? Help before I go totally crazy
47 REPLIES 47

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion
The best advice is; go into a Vodafone Store and try the phones for yourself. You will know what suits you almost immediately!
😉

You would think that is good advice. But actually the phones are secured in devices that do not allow this. In the Vf store I couldn't even move them. In the O2 store I could pull them up but still they are handcuffed at both ends where my hand would be.

thesoupdragon
The staff in store will demonstrate phones for you and allow you to use them, just ask 😉

Ok thanks. They all seem so busy around our way it may take some time. I note that you haven't made any effort to champion the classic. May I ask if you are a BB user?

thesoupdragon
Not really ever been a BB fan.

I am a real fan of Android Phones. You can change virtually everything on the phone to suit your needs.

I like Windows phone, it is very good at social media integration.

iPhone is a very simple phone to use but can be expensive especially peripherals, (cables and chargers etc...)

Its definitely worth the wait to get some "hands on" time with these phones. As I said you will be surprised how one will jump out as being the one for you! 🙂

Let me know how you get on...? 😉

Thanks. I loved the old Bold. BB has really gone backwards. My only reason for sticking with BB would be the keyboard, SD card and ease of transferring everything via BB link. I have never had an android, windows or IOS smartphone. My whole family have iPhones and laugh at me. With the exception of my daughter who has Samsung and would never change. But iPhones do hike up charges and I don't think providers get the same latitude to cut a deal. Also so many get an iPhone because everyone else has one rather than being good!

jeffkinn
The idea that iPhones hike up charges is a myth. My data usage hasn't changed one iota when I moved from an android phone to an iPhone. iPhones are head and shoulders the market leading smartphone for a good reason.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I see. But when I have been upgrading Vf has always said it can't do a deal with the iPhone as apple don't allow it. Isn't that correct then

jeffkinn
They won't so deals on any phones really. Samsung are just as expensive and just as tough as apple. Networks don't discount because they don't need to. The demand for flagship phones always outstrips supply when they are launched.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png