Support:

BlackBerry

Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster
dward32

Changing Price Plan Question

I am currently on an 18 month price plan since december 2008,

I want to lower the price plan, my question is will the 18 month contract start again??

or will it still end 18 months from the original contract date??

Tanks

Dean
Message 1 of 6 (2,490 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
karl12jones

I am currently on an 18 month price plan since december 2008,

I want to lower the price plan, my question is will the 18 month contract start again??

or will it still end 18 months from the original contract date??

Tanks

Dean

HI MATE

Dont take my word for it but after six months into your contract you can down grade by £5 a month every month until the end of the 18 months.
But just for info you can upgrade i.e. pay more money to voda or any mobile provider for that matter at any time for an improved price plan if you need more mins. or txts. Im sure a mod will clarify this shortly.
You will get a call to upgrade i.e new phone and contract of your choice at the price they offer 2 months before the end date of the 18 months, next day delivery. Just for info!
Like i say im sure a mod will be here shortly to clarify.
So the answer is no, The contract will not start again!
Message 2 of 6 (2,490 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
George

Hi dward32,

Thank you for posting your price plan query. I can definitely clarify this for you.

Firstly, thanks to morpheous for his response, he is right that the price plan can be decreased by £5 every month, however this is after the first 9 months, if you've had the contract since December 2008 then this would apply to you. Additionally if you were to ever want to increase your Price plan then this can be done at any time. In terms of receiving a call to upgrade your phone 2 months before the end of the contract this will not apply to all customers, it's generally users who are on the marketing preference list or have previously expressed an interest in an upgrade.

I hope that clarifies matters for you, for your reference details of our Price Plans can be found here:Vodafone Price Plans.

George
eForum Team
Message 3 of 6 (2,490 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
dward32

Hi dward32,

Thank you for posting your price plan query. I can definitely clarify this for you.

Firstly, thanks to morpheous for his response, he is right that the price plan can be decreased by £5 every month, however this is after the first 9 months, if you've had the contract since December 2008 then this would apply to you. Additionally if you were to ever want to increase your Price plan then this can be done at any time. In terms of receiving a call to upgrade your phone 2 months before the end of the contract this will not apply to all customers, it's generally users who are on the marketing preference list or have previously expressed an interest in an upgrade.

I hope that clarifies matters for you, for your reference details of our Price Plans can be found here:Vodafone Price Plans.

George
eForum Team

just to clarify... if i lower my price plan.. my contract does not start again??
Message 4 of 6 (2,490 Views)
Rank 49: Master III
AnnS

just to clarify... if i lower my price plan.. my contract does not start again??

You are only changing your tariff, not upgrading your phone. Your contract commitment date would not change.
Ann
Message 5 of 6 (2,490 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi Dward32,

You don't need to worry as by lowering your price plan you aren't taking out a new agreement so your commitment dates will remain exactly the same. :)

James
eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 6 of 6 (2,490 Views)