You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
CallumChadwick

Curve 8520 not letting me access the internet

When ever I try to get on my browser it tells me to try again later and if the problem persists contact your sevice provider. Can anyone help me please??

Message 1 of 5 (2,693 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
sabeenafzal

Re: Curve 8520 not letting me access the internet

Same here I need MAJOR HELP! I turned on my phone and some new Vodafone Live has appeared from nowhere and there's no entries in host routing table and when no service books on BIS HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

NO INTERNET WITHOUT WIFI only hotspot browser and vodafone live very annoyed. Need assistance.

Message 2 of 5 (2,676 Views)
Rank 18: Instructor II
pau1j

Hi Callum ... not much to go on here.  Could you give us a few more details?

Is it just the browser - or are you having problems with other, internet facing, applications?

What is your signal meter showing?

(GPRS/EDGE in capitals or gprs/edge in lower case ... if 3G, is the BB symbol visible?)

If you're PAYG, are you sure you have sufficient credit and have opted in to BIS?

Have you tried a battery pull?

Or Host Routing Table re-register and Service Book resend?

Message 3 of 5 (2,671 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
jeffkinn

Where it says 3G/EDGE or GPRS is it in upper or lower case?

if it is in lower case it means that the Blackberry BIS service is no longer provisioned on your account. Without BIS the internet will not work.

You will need to call 191 and discuss this with customer services and make sure they turn BIS on.

If they are in upper case there is another problem that might be cured by a battery pull or, in an extreme case, reloading the operating system via the desktop manager.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 4 of 5 (2,668 Views)
Rank 18: Instructor II
pau1j

sabeenafzal wrote:

Same here I need MAJOR HELP! I turned on my phone and some new Vodafone Live has appeared from nowhere and there's no entries in host routing table and when no service books on BIS HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

NO INTERNET WITHOUT WIFI only hotspot browser and vodafone live very annoyed. Need assistance.

Sabeena ... first suggestion would be a battery pull.  This often forces a Service Book refresh as well as renewing the HRT.

Message 5 of 5 (2,666 Views)