You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Arwenhopkins

Failed to synchronise - "Your device encountered a problem with this application's server."

I've recently received a new Blackberry Bold 9900 and although most things seem to be working - I've been unable to setup synchronise with gmail.  Although I can send and receive mail when I click the Synchronise button I get the error "Your device encountered a problem with this application's server.  Select OK and repeat the action to try again".

I have tried various things including reboot, registering on the network again and resending service books.  Please can you advise what else I can try???  :smileyfrustrated:

Message 1 of 4 (3,838 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Re: Failed to synchronise - "Your device encountered a problem with this application's server.&

Hi Arwenhopkins,

I must admit that this is a bit if a strange one.

Can I ask if you have this issue with any other email address?

Also what items are you trying to synchronise?

Can you give me a step by step guide of what you are doing and press when you get this error message?

Do you have any other issues using BlackBerry Messenger or the App World?

Do you have GPRS showing at the top left hand corner of the phone or gprs?

If you can let me know we will be able to see if the issue can be replicated?

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 4 (3,769 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
Arwenhopkins

Re: Failed to synchronise - "Your device encountered a problem with this application's server.&

Doesn't make any sense - but a remove and re-add of the email account did the trick

Message 3 of 4 (3,737 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
AndyD

Hi Arwenhopkins,

It's great to see that you've resolved your query :smileyhappy:

Should you have any further questions, you know where to find us.

Thanks

Andy

Message 4 of 4 (3,731 Views)