BlackBerry

Ask a question:
TZM
Rank 1: Guest
TZM
Accepted Solution

Have tried the steps but still not receiving SMS

Hi

I've tried various steps from here and online search to figure out receiving SMS on BB 8707g, like host routing table, changing Service Center No, pulling out battery, sim card etc... still no help!

Would be very much appreciated, anyone has got idea.

TZ

P.S: I can receive/call and email perfectly but just that.

Message 1 of 6 (2,703 Views)
Rank 18: Instructor II
pau1j

Re: Have tried the steps but still not receiving SMS

Hi TZM.

Are you able to send SMS?

The 8707g is going back a bit, so I'm not sure how much of this is relevant but a few things to check ...

Have you also done a Service Book push?

Have you checked that the Firewall is disabled (probably in Security settings)?

Is this a BES enabled phone with an IT Policy blocking SMS?

Are the messages on the SIM card (Email Messages > BB Button > View Folder > SIM Card SMS Inbox)?

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 6 (2,695 Views)
TZM
TZM

Thanks, paul1j. You are genious.

Uncheck on SMS block on Firewall setting and solve it.

Message 3 of 6 (2,686 Views)
TZM
TZM

Hi again,

Not sure, I should post as another topic in forum but here give a trouble you again.

Probably next ques, you might guess. Would that be possible to retrieve those block sms to mobile?  

Thanks.

Message 4 of 6 (2,683 Views)
Rank 18: Instructor II
pau1j

Glad you're up & running.

I doubt there's any way to retrieve previously blocked messages - although it would depend on exactly how the Firewall works.

If the BB is blocking the messages from leaving the service centre (which I don't think it is), the service centre will keep trying.  This would be similar to the phone being switched off - SMS have an in-built expiry, upto which the service centre will try to deliver.  In this case, any recent blocked messages will be delivered once the firewall is disabled.

The fact that BB Firewall is able to give a count of the number of messages it's blocked would suggest that the messages are received but simply deleted.  In this case - they're gone unfortunately.

The only place they could linger would be the SIM Inbox Folder (as mentioned above) but, I think, the BB bypasses the SIM anyway.

Message 5 of 6 (2,677 Views)
TZM
TZM

I've seen 110 blocked sms on firewall setting. I wish, could able to retrieve them in some ways but then from what you say BB will bypass too bad. :-/  Many of them from friends, will only let them know the situation.

Thanks, again for the response.    

Message 6 of 6 (2,667 Views)