BlackBerry

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
harunbjk
Accepted Solution

New Phone !!! No wireless, No services

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

i just bought bb 9900 from vodafone, i was using vodafone number before buying this phone so i just bought phone from vodafone

1- i cant use wireless at home (failed authentic against the network)

2- i cant create account in mobileemail.vodafone.net (this blackberry device not registered with your wireless service provider.please register this device ....)

3- i cant use any services: no email  , no contact with bb server, no bbm, no facebook

Thankssss in advance

Message 1 of 11 (4,369 Views)
Rank 22: Tutor I
Grayman

Re: New Phone !!! No wireless, No services

HI,

sounds like you are having some major problems with your new BlackBerry device, and i will try and help you with them in the order you have listed them

1) This message normally appears when you have entered an incorrect password for the WiFi netowrk.  Check the password that you have, and try re-entering it, or if your router supports it use the one button setup which should automatically connect you up

2) Do you have BlackBerry services assigned to your number?  If not, then this could explain why the device is not showing as registered, and this can be added by customer services for you.  If you do, try registering on the host routing table (Main Menu, Options, Advanced Settings, Host Routing Table, BlackBerry Menu Key and select Register Now)

3) Email, Contact with server, BBM and Facebook all rely on the device having BlackBerry services enabled for your number, and the device updating on the BlackBerry servers.  If you have followed the steps in number 2 above, this should hopefully allow things to run smoothly for you.

Hope this helps

Message 2 of 11 (4,348 Views)
harunbjk

Dear Grayman

1- you are right about password, i was writing wrong (PROBLEM 1 SOLVED) thanksssss

2- even i don know do i have or not, i never used bb before my questions can be silly, sorry about that

my plan: Your Plan comes with 600 minutes, unlimited texts, 500MB mobile internet, 2GB BT Openzone Wi-Fi and Blackberry e-mail

3- still have same problems (problem 2 and 3)

thanks again

Message 3 of 11 (4,339 Views)
Grayman

According to the plan details you have listed, it appears that you have BlackBerry services on your number. 

Looking at the top of the screen, do you see any of the following...

gprs / edge / 3G (Not registered for BlackBerry services)

GPRS / EDGE / 3G (with 4 dots after it) (Registered for BlackBerry services)

You can also check that the network is turned on on the device by going ot the main menu, and selecting Manage Connections (Looks like an aerial) and ensuring that it has a Tick in the Mobile network box, and then selecting Mobile Network Options and ensuring that data services are set to ON.

Did you try the Host Routing table registration, and if so, did you recevie the registration response?

Message 4 of 11 (4,328 Views)
harunbjk

Dear Grayman,

when signal is stront i can see 3G and 4 dots

when signal is low i can see just GPRS 

when i click options i can see only : Sounds and Ring Tones, Networks and Connections, Display, Typing and Language, Device, Call Management , Security, Accessibility, Third Party Applications

i cant find these options: (Main Menu, Options, Advanced Settings, Host Routing Table, BlackBerry Menu Key and select Register Now)

and when i try to open mail account i am takking this error : activation failed an error was encountered when sending the activation transmission

btw: i am using bb bold 9900

thanks again...

Message 5 of 11 (4,305 Views)
harunbjk

Dear Grayman,

i just registered i guess

becuase i got msg like this : Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network.

Message 6 of 11 (4,302 Views)
harunbjk

but still i cant use services(((((((((((((

Message 7 of 11 (4,293 Views)
harunbjk

Dear Grayman

i solved almost all problems with your help

now i can use facebook, twitter

BUT i cant register any e-mail everytime i am taking same error: activation failed an error was encountered when sending the activation transmission

Message 8 of 11 (4,286 Views)
Grayman

Great that you have got most of the problems sorted, but i think that you are in the wrong place to set your e-mail up.  It sounds like you are trying to do an Enterprise Activation.  Try going to the following website on a computer and setting it up online instead of on the device.

www.mobileemail.vodafone.net

Select the new user option to create an account and enter the details that it asks for (device PIN/IMEI which are available on the device or on the box it came in) and then choose the option to add an e-mail address.  This should hopefully allow you to add the e-mail address to the device.  If it still rejects at this point, then i think you will need to call your customer services team as there may be a problem with the provisioning on BlackBerry's services which is causing it to fail.

Hope this is some help

Message 9 of 11 (4,284 Views)
harunbjk

Dear Grayman

i called them and they solved problem 

last question how can we set up more than 1 email ???

thank youuuuu :smileyvery-happy:

Message 10 of 11 (4,248 Views)
Grayman

If you log onto the mobileemail.vodafone.net website using your username and password, you should have an option to Set Up another E-Mail account and add the details on for your other account.

If you need a new e-maiul address, you can use the BlackBerry Mobileemail.vodafone.net hosted e-mail address, or one of the many free e-mail providers (yahoo, gmail, live/hotmail etc)

Hope this is also of help to you :smileyvery-happy:

Message 11 of 11 (4,243 Views)