You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
IvonneL

OWA not synchronizing with BB e-mail account

Hello,

I work for an IT company support and recently we have changed the e-mail system from web mail to OWA exchange on a client.

Since them all the Blackberry users ( 5 users), that are register with vodafone Blackberry Internet, are having problems on the synchronization of their e-mails on their blackberry's phone.

I have follow the instructions to set up an OWA account on a BB on the web page http://www.mobileemail.vodafone.net/ but It doesn't let me doing it. It shows an error when I want to submit the information of the account. It says the information is wrong, but I have checked it and I am sure the information is the right one. Example:  https:\\cas.messageexchange.com\owa

The only way I can set up the e-mail is just writing the e-mail address and password and selecting "Add an existing email account (e.g. Yahoo!®, Google®, Microsoft® Exchange", In that case automatically the e-mail account is set up. But In the e-mail server box showed me this "http://autodiscover.lasuitehotel.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml "

This is the actual configuration that the users have right now. They are available to receive e-mail and send but with some issues like:

- some e-mails are showing twice

- Sometimes they don't receive the e-mail on the phone

- They don't receiving the e-mail in order.  etc..

Base on this problems I suppose there is a problem with the synchronization.

What can I do to resolve this problems? I have trying almost everything.. Send service books again.

the delete on pitons is tick.

Could you help me please.

Message 1 of 7 (3,014 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Re: OWA not synchronizing with BB e-mail account

Hi IvonneL

Thanks for your post. It sounds to me like you require BlackBerry Enterprise Solution (BES) on your account as you've switched from a web based e-mail client to an exchange server. 

If they're company phnes then you would need your IT support to contact Vodafone to have the BES client added to the account. If they're individual user accounts trying to access the same exchange server then each one will require BES individually.

You can find more information about BES here - Mobile e-mail for business.

Thanks

Simon

Message 2 of 7 (2,985 Views)
IvonneL

Simon Thank you  for your replay,  As far as I am concern you are able to use web exchange (OWA) with a Blackberry Internet account. ???

Also the users can access to the e-mail but with some synchronization issues. Or vodafone doesn't support web exchange (OWA) whit a Blackberry Internet account ?

So my question is there anything that I can do to sort this issues out.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 7 (2,951 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
jeffkinn

You work for an IT support company that cannot get their BB's working properly with corporate email?

If you are using OWA that means you have Exchange server running your emails. That is why it has been suggested that your company needs to install a BES server that will give you full wireless synchronisation of emails, contacts and calendar with your phones.

With BES express there aren't even any BES licence fees these days.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 4 of 7 (2,948 Views)
IvonneL

I Already offer the company to change the BI account to BES express, but they don't want it. Because they said how is it possible that with another phones they don't have any problem at all.

Also I already explain which are the issues that the users are having. The e-mail accounts are already set up on the BB but the problem is the synchronization. That's why I came to this forum to find answers but instead I am getting sarcasms. I though vodafone was a serious company!!!!!

So in resume, vodafone doesn't support OWA exchange e-mail with BI.   We need to update the accouts to BES.

That is the solution???

Message 5 of 7 (2,935 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
jeffkinn

Firstly I am a user and nothing to do with Vodafone. Secondly, I was being serious and not sarcastic. 

How a Blackberry works with OWA is down to RIM/Blackberry and is nothing to dowith Vodafone.

If you want proper email reconciliation you need BES.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 6 of 7 (2,933 Views)
IvonneL

Thank you.  That is exactly What I want to know.

Message 7 of 7 (2,929 Views)