You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
afshinkp

Registering Blackberry

i bought a new blackberry curve 8530 from phones4u. and also i bought a new pay as u talk freedom pack vodafone card. but i am not able to use internet. please tell me what i should do to register my blackberry device to vodafone and use all te internet services available.
Message 1 of 10 (4,303 Views)
Rank 10: Helper IV
daveastra

Registering Blackberry

i bought a new blackberry curve 8530 from phones4u. and also i bought a new pay as u talk freedom pack vodafone card. but i am not able to use internet. please tell me what i should do to register my blackberry device to vodafone and use all te internet services available.

hi there, unfortunately the blackberry services, i.e internet, email and messaging arent available on the vodafone network through a PAYT variant, as you would need to pay £5.00 per month for the services plus web access, but vf do not offer this on PAYT, now what most people in your situation tend to do is go for one of the sim only plans, which start from as little as £10 a month, then add unlimited internet (£7.50) and the blackberry internet soloution (otherwise known as BIS £5.00). the best part of the sim only deals, is the fact that you are only ever held in for 30 days, so should you change your mind, or just decide PAYT was more for you, then moving back is easy and no long contracts to worry about paying, that said though, sim only plans offer better rates than PAYT, even with the freedom packs, so id say its definitley worth a look, jus check out the link below

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/sim-only-plans/all-sim-plans

just dont forget to add £12.50 per month on for unlimited web and blackberry services

hope this helps
Message 2 of 10 (4,303 Views)
afshinkp

Registering Blackberry

thanx for te quick response.. but the problem is that i am new to UK.. like i have been here only for 4 days. So they are sayin that its not possible for me to take a monthly phone as i cant pass the credit checking..

hi there, unfortunately the blackberry services, i.e internet, email and messaging arent available on the vodafone network through a PAYT variant, as you would need to pay £5.00 per month for the services plus web access, but vf do not offer this on PAYT, now what most people in your situation tend to do is go for one of the sim only plans, which start from as little as £10 a month, then add unlimited internet (£7.50) and the blackberry internet soloution (otherwise known as BIS £5.00). the best part of the sim only deals, is the fact that you are only ever held in for 30 days, so should you change your mind, or just decide PAYT was more for you, then moving back is easy and no long contracts to worry about paying, that said though, sim only plans offer better rates than PAYT, even with the freedom packs, so id say its definitley worth a look, jus check out the link below

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/sim-only-plans/all-sim-plans

just dont forget to add £12.50 per month on for unlimited web and blackberry services

hope this helps
Message 3 of 10 (4,303 Views)
Rank 50: Master IV
AnnS

Registering Blackberry

Take the Blackberry back to P4U since you have only had it for 5 days and ask them to exchange it for an phone which is of use to you where you can access the internet.

Without a contract, you will only be able to make calls and send texts on a Blackberry.

Ann

Message 4 of 10 (4,303 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
George

Registering Blackberry

Hi afshin,

Firstly, a very warm welcome to the eForum, it's always great to see new faces on here :)

This does sound like a tricky situation as I'm sure you're eager to use a Blackberry, I'm positive I can suggest a solution for you :)

Firstly, thanks very much to daveastra and Ann S, they've covered almost everything I was going to say :D. There is one thing I can add though.

Do you have any friends or relatives here in the UK who would be able to pass a credit check? If so then you'd be able to use them as a guarantor if they're willing. Basically this would mean that the account is effectively in their name however you could have full access to it. It's definitely worth a thought :).

Let me know how you get on.

George
eForum Team
Message 5 of 10 (4,303 Views)
afshinkp

Registering Blackberry

hi george.. iwoulf dlike to inform you tat i got a pay monthly sim and i activated blackbery internet service also.. i ahav put that sim in blackberry now.. please help me out in doing the remaingn configuration like setting up gmail to the blackberry system..

Hi afshin,

Firstly, a very warm welcome to the eForum, it's always great to see new faces on here :)

This does sound like a tricky situation as I'm sure you're eager to use a Blackberry, I'm positive I can suggest a solution for you :)

Firstly, thanks very much to daveastra and Ann S, they've covered almost everything I was going to say :D . There is one thing I can add though.

Do you have any friends or relatives here in the UK who would be able to pass a credit check? If so then you'd be able to use them as a guarantor if they're willing. Basically this would mean that the account is effectively in their name however you could have full access to it. It's definitely worth a thought :) .

Let me know how you get on.

George
eForum Team
Message 6 of 10 (4,303 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Andrew_V

Registering Blackberry

Hi afshin,

Many thanks for getting back to us on this one. The easiest way to set up your Blackberry handset with your Gmail account is to log on to and register on the Vodafone Blackberry site.

Once you have entered the device Pin and IMEI (both of which are found by going in to Options> Status) you will then be given the option to add existing email accounts. All you will need to add your Gmail account is your email address and the password you use to access your Gmail account.

Once this has been done, send yourself the service books from the same site and you will be up and running. :)

If you require any further help or support, feel free to check out our Blackberry Help Simulators or feel free to let us know as we would be happy to hep you further.

Many thanks

Andrew
eForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 7 of 10 (4,303 Views)
Rank 10: Helper IV
daveastra

Registering Blackberry

it should also be noted, that the send service books option is now under the help tab on the left hand side, as it used to be on the front page

what id also suggest as well for how to do stuff on your blackberry, is to go into the help centre, and have a look at the blackberry storm youtube videos, as the menu layout is in essence the same, so you can find loads of great tips from there
Message 8 of 10 (4,303 Views)
afshinkp

Registering Blackberry

hi.. which is the link.. i tried one link to register for blackberry internet service,.. but it is saying it is not registered...
Hi afshin,

Many thanks for getting back to us on this one. The easiest way to set up your Blackberry handset with your Gmail account is to log on to and register on the Vodafone Blackberry site.

Once you have entered the device Pin and IMEI (both of which are found by going in to Options> Status) you will then be given the option to add existing email accounts. All you will need to add your Gmail account is your email address and the password you use to access your Gmail account.

Once this has been done, send yourself the service books from the same site and you will be up and running. :)

If you require any further help or support, feel free to check out our Blackberry Help Simulators or feel free to let us know as we would be happy to hep you further.

Many thanks

Andrew
eForum Team
Message 9 of 10 (4,303 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Andrew_V

Registering Blackberry

Hi afshin,

Simply follow this link, and it will take you to the Vodafone Blackberry website. It will say you are not registered, that is why you need to enter your Device PIN and the IMEI number which can be found by going in to Options>Status, Once you have those two pieces of information, enter them in to the registration and follow the instructions.

Please let us know if you still experience issues with setting your Blackberry up. :)

Many thanks

Andrew
eForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 10 of 10 (4,303 Views)