You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 6: Frequent Poster

Storm 2 Or Bold 9700

what one is best and what one for each is the vbest deal on 18 month contract?
24 is too long!
Message 1 of 17 (2,186 Views)

Storm 2 Or Bold 9700

well pretty much the only difference is do you want a touch screen or physical keyboard, else they're essentially the same thing...

As for price plans.. 18 months, 600 minutes, unlimited texts, 500mb internet, Blackberry Internet Service = £35/mnth
-----------------------------------------------------

iPhone5
Message 2 of 17 (2,186 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Storm 2 Or Bold 9700

Good Evening phil2

Thanks to darkone for the information provided which as always is spot on :)

As advised the main difference between the 2 phones is the Storm 2 is a touchscreen phone. So your decison will be based on whether you like touchscreen phones, as they seem to be like marmite "you either love them or hate them" ;)

Im going to get an email sent over to you in the morning. When you get this please fill it in and send it back to us. This will then allow one of team to call you back and discuss your options with you in regards to phones and plans so have a think about what you need out of them.

Cheers

Nicola
eForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 3 of 17 (2,186 Views)

Storm 2 Or Bold 9700

35 is it for 18 months , thats good iv been getting 40. and how much is 500mb of internet rroughlyy i dont get that, does it tell you ifg your going to go over,
and the touch screen i do like aslong as it wont break!
and thanks?
but please answwer that ^ lol
Message 4 of 17 (2,186 Views)

Storm 2 Or Bold 9700

40 is what i get for 18 months :smileyfrustrated: uyou sure thats right, and i want unltd internet :P
Message 5 of 17 (2,186 Views)
Rank 10: Helper IV

Storm 2 Or Bold 9700

40 is what i get for 18 months :smileyfrustrated: uyou sure thats right, and i want unltd internet :P

hi there, its £40 for 18 months and £35 for 24 months, both include 600mins, ultd texts, ultd web and BIS, basically all ya need to get ya started :)

if you MMS alot, then its £2 a month for 50 (bargain)
and if you talk more then for an extra £5 a month its 900 mins and either free vf-vf calls or free landline calls, cant go wrong realli

i must admit i struggled big time over which of these to choose, being the owner of a 8520, 8900 and storm1 i was torn, as all 3 have worked perfectly, but the storm2 just pipped it, personally i just cant use a `normal` touchscreen, i end up calling all and sundry and texts go flying off half written, but with the surepress its soooo much easier, truth be told, if i could afford it id prob have both lol :)
Message 6 of 17 (2,186 Views)

Storm 2 Or Bold 9700

i had a little go on one today in the shop and trying to text did seem hard and it didnt type wat i wanted, is i t just getting used 2
if i ring the sales team wud they b able 2 get me a better deal
i would like 600 mins ish
unlted texts internet and bb email (bis plan)
freee phone for no more than £35
24 months too long gota be 18
and whats with the 500mb internet how much is that?
Message 7 of 17 (2,186 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Storm 2 Or Bold 9700

hi phil

Firstly a big thanks to daveastra for his input. Top stuff as usual. :)

You will not be able to barter a deal on the forum as no one here can set up a contract for you. Nice try though!

Seriously, you can get Voda contracts from Voda shops and our website, phones4u, Carphonewarehouse and from our sales teams.

I just found a plan on our website for £35. Have a look and shop around has always been the best advice.

500Mb of data is just that. It should be more than enough for emails and internet browsing.

I trust this is of use

Albert
eForum team

ps....me...I wouldn't have a touchscreen for a big clock. Like Nicola said...marmite decision. :)
Message 8 of 17 (2,186 Views)

Storm 2 Or Bold 9700

sorry, apologies.. the plan i posted is 35/mnth over 18 months with bis and unlimited internet, but only has 300 minutes not 600....

apologies for the misleading advice.
-----------------------------------------------------

iPhone5
Message 9 of 17 (2,186 Views)

Storm 2 Or Bold 9700

what one is best and what one for each is the vbest deal on 18 month contract?
24 is too long!

Please, please, please visit the storm 2 forum before making up your mind on which one to go for. I have a 9700 as I didn't want the same problems I had with the original storm, and as there are lots of people complaining about dropped calls, poor call audio, missing texts and email, SOS constantly showing on the phone and the touchscreen packing in, it was a no brainer for me. The 9700 works flawlessley but its your decision. I would hate to see another person be stuck with a useless phone for 12 months like I was (or even longer), its depressing to say the least.
Message 10 of 17 (2,186 Views)

Storm 2 Or Bold 9700

aw thanks
Message 11 of 17 (2,186 Views)

Storm 2 Or Bold 9700

Had exactly the same dilemma and as suggested to you by scoobyweb, visited the S2 forum. Then I stopped laughing, wiped away the tears and went for the 9700.
The Storm 2 looks awesome, don't get me wrong, but then so does the S1 - and it's rubbish. My Bold 9700 arrives tomorrow thanks to mods Claire / Ben and very happy I have made the choice. Just look at the reviews; the Bold 9700 is hailed as the best BB yet - the S2 can only dream of that. Forget the iPhone wannabe and get this puppy instead!! :lol:
Message 12 of 17 (2,186 Views)
Rank 10: Helper IV

Storm 2 Or Bold 9700

just to add some balance to the thread, i had a storm, which NEVER played up on me, never froze, never rebooted, always had signal where i knew it could get it, never dropped BIS, never dropped a call, i mean it was pretty much as it was meant to be, even on the official OS versions (amazing on the leaks if im honest, still got it!) i mean i didnt even have the no ringtone test issue in .141 for those that remember it, basically it did what it said on the tin

then came time for me upgrade, and i took a storm2, as i had been fortunate to have a good expererince with the original, and im on week 2, and i havent seen any issues yet, other than the fact the enter button is right by the hangup button, which as they are both touch i normally send then close the page at the same time! guess thats just me and fat thumbs :rolleyes:

basically both storm1 and storm2 have been nothing short of what i wanted from a phone, i mean i even got 3 days average use from my storm1! and i can type on my storm faster than i can text on a normal phone, which is very fast.

so yes i`ll be the first to agree some have had issues, but this is a technical forum where people come with issues, so for all we know as vf sold loads of storm1`s and storm2`s and there are lets say 500 people complaining, that doesnt make it a bad phone (look how many complained about iphone related things, and its still a good phone toy)

now im not saying thats definitley the case, but i guess its a case of glass half full or empty really as to how you view that situation, but the two phones your considering are both good so its really a form factor choice
Message 13 of 17 (2,186 Views)

Storm 2 Or Bold 9700

lol yes i know, im just unsure withh how much it is :smileyfrustrated:
bold is no cheaper is it
i want 18 months u see for 35 but 500 mins or more unltd texts internet and email x
Message 14 of 17 (2,186 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Storm 2 Or Bold 9700

Hi phil2

Did you reply to the email Nicola sent you so we can see what we can do for you?
What time would be best for us to contact you to see what we can offer you?

Claire

eforum Team
Message 15 of 17 (2,186 Views)

Storm 2 Or Bold 9700

just to add some balance to the thread, i had a storm, which NEVER played up on me, never froze, never rebooted, always had signal where i knew it could get it, never dropped BIS, never dropped a call, i mean it was pretty much as it was meant to be, even on the official OS versions (amazing on the leaks if im honest, still got it!) i mean i didnt even have the no ringtone test issue in .141 for those that remember it, basically it did what it said on the tin

then came time for me upgrade, and i took a storm2, as i had been fortunate to have a good expererince with the original, and im on week 2, and i havent seen any issues yet, other than the fact the enter button is right by the hangup button, which as they are both touch i normally send then close the page at the same time! guess thats just me and fat thumbs :rolleyes:

basically both storm1 and storm2 have been nothing short of what i wanted from a phone, i mean i even got 3 days average use from my storm1! and i can type on my storm faster than i can text on a normal phone, which is very fast.

so yes i`ll be the first to agree some have had issues, but this is a technical forum where people come with issues, so for all we know as vf sold loads of storm1`s and storm2`s and there are lets say 500 people complaining, that doesnt make it a bad phone (look how many complained about iphone related things, and its still a good phone toy)

now im not saying thats definitley the case, but i guess its a case of glass half full or empty really as to how you view that situation, but the two phones your considering are both good so its really a form factor choice

Just to put this post into context....Yes this is a technical forum and as such the majority of people who post on here post about problems with their phone. But all you have to do is look in the storm 2 forum and then look in the general blackberry forum and you will see how many people are complaining about problems with their storm 2 not just little bugs but major problems (and they are all the SAME problems), and how many posts there are from people complaining about a 9700. That in itself should make your mind up for you.

As I said before. I (as others) have experienced the nightmare of having a phone that is completely useless at its primary function, i.e making a phone call and then being stuck with it for a year after Vodafone turned their back on me/us.
As said Its your decision but I would not wish that nightmare on anybody else.

Chris.
Message 16 of 17 (2,186 Views)

Storm 2 Or Bold 9700

ordered on way !
Message 17 of 17 (2,186 Views)
iPhone 6