15-02-2011 12:14 PM
Not sure if these issues have been reported before:
- Phone is constantly freezing on me (screen becomes unresponsive), only option is to pull the battery and reboot.
- Quite often, I am unable to hang up on a call, only option is to pull the battery and reboot
- Battery life is appallingly bad (on a full charge, with wi-fi bluetooth DISABLED) I can only get about 4hours out of it.....bought a replacement battery, and got exactly the same problem. Have even installed battery optimisation apps...but same problem.
- When connected to my wireless network, the wi-fi logo will only appear 'greyed out'
- Have re-installed the OS multiple times, but same problems persist.
Any ideas (not had much/any support for telephone support, and as the problems occured after the 14 day cool off period, I'm now stuck with this phone until November 2011 at the earliest)
Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
16-02-2011 05:06 PM - edited 16-02-2011 05:07 PM
Let's see if we can get this working enough to nurse you to upgrade time.
Firstly, which firmware version is it you have installed? When you say you're reinstalling the OS, do you mean you're retrying this repeatedly from the same point or have you been doing a factory reset then trying the reinstall?
Have you tried a hard reset to clear the device of any minor issues:
- Switch the handset on
- Whilst powered up, remove the SIM card and battery
- Put the battery back in and switch on
- Wait a couple of minutes, then remove the battery again
- Replace the SIM and battery and switch back on
If you haven't yet, have you backed up your data and tried restoring to factory settings? Form there, test the handset first for any issues, then step by step update it with what you require. If you test at each step you an see when problems occur.
Beyond that, I'd recommend sending the handset for repair - you can find the details here on how to do that