Support:

BlackBerry

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
MillerRogers

Sync Calendar Outlook and Torch 9800 using BB Desktop Software

I can sync everything on my Torch with my laptop and outlook except my Calendar. When I run synchronization it runs through everything except Calendar. When I go to the Organiser tab in the BB desktop software it lists everything that is to be sync'd as being ticked, except Calendar which it tells me is not loaded? I can go into Configure Settings, I can tick the calendar Device Application and do advanced set-up but it still wont allow me to tick Calendar at the organizer tab? It was working fine until I updated the Firmware and Desktop software! How can I get my Blackberry to sync with Calendar in Outlook?

Message 1 of 9 (4,026 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Re: Sync Calendar Outlook and Torch 9800 using BB Desktop Software

[ Edited ]

Hi MillerRogers,

Welcome to the Vodafone eForum from all of the team.

From what you have said, it does sound like this is an issue with the latest software version.

For the time being the best option would be to revert back to the older version of software.

To do this you will need to download the last version that you were running to your PC from the Blackberry Download Site.

Once done, double click the .exe file and once the installations is complete, load the Blackberry Desktop manager, connect your blackberry to your PC and select the application loader, and update the software on the device to the older version.

I would recommend the older version v6.0.0.2647 or earlier

Give this a go and let me know how you get on.

James

eForum Team

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short customer feedback survey.

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 9 (3,995 Views)
Rank 16: Guide V
SatanicBuddha

[ Edited ]

Dear Miller Rogers,

It might be worth checking on your handset that your Calendar is not set to Wireless Sync. Go into the Calendar app, press menu then options. Pick the calendar that you wish to sync and make sure wireless sync is unticked.

Cheers

Message 3 of 9 (3,986 Views)
MillerRogers

When I go into Calendar and select the calendar I want, press options in the menu the options I get are Calendar Display and Actions, Conference Calling and Date & Time. It then lists the 2 Calendar accounts I have. Selecting the Calendar Display and Action it goes into Formatting, Views and Actions. No Wireless sync option? THe other 2 don't have an option either. Where is the wireless syncing option?

Message 4 of 9 (3,981 Views)
SatanicBuddha

You need to go into the calendar accounts to see that option.

Cheers

Message 5 of 9 (3,978 Views)
MillerRogers

sorry for being slow. When I go into Accounts adn pick the calendar I would want ot sync it gives me the option of Appointment Colour, whether I want to Display REminders adn the number of entries I have, thats it. When I press the BB symbol in that it gives the option of Switch Application, Save or Close!

Message 6 of 9 (3,976 Views)
SatanicBuddha

Ok, so we've eliminated wireless sync as causing the issue (if the option isn't there, then it isn't possible with those calendars).

Sorry it wasn't that but thought it might be worth checking.

Message 7 of 9 (3,969 Views)
MillerRogers

no problem thank-you for trying

Message 8 of 9 (3,967 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Martin

Hi MillerRogers

I have been having a look on the BlackBerry website and this is what it mentions says:

Connect the BlackBerry and Run Desktop Manager. Run Backup and Restore> Advanced. On the right hand side you should see device databases. Look for Calendar, Calendar All, and Calendar Options. If CALENDAR is missing then you will want to upgrade to the newest software

To do this please follow this link.

Thanks

Martin

eForum Team

Message 9 of 9 (3,908 Views)