You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
crazydaisey

Torch 9800 will not let me set up email account

Hello, i have just received my mums torch phone which is sim free, i have put my sim in and had problems with the gprs in lower case, after the information i found on this forum i went into the Host table and did the required, nothing changed but after pulling the battery the gprs is now in capitals and i have a internet connection,i want to set my email up but  it will not let me click on the email set up (in set up), only for a enterprise account which i do not want, the contract im on is blackberry as i have just switched from the curve, do i need to re register with blackberry or activate it in any way i have tried BBM and it works fine, i have tried clicking on the Browser and going into the email set up but it will not let me into that either, any help would be appreciated, many thanks Gem.

Message 1 of 5 (3,471 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
JamesBond

Re: Torch 9800 will not let me set up email account

Hi there!

Have got Blackberry Internet Service provisioned on your account?  It's a shot in the dark.

If not, then you will need to dial 191.

James Bond

Message 2 of 5 (3,469 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
jeffkinn

Hi CrazyDaisey,

There are two services for the Blackberry. One is called BES which is the enterprise service and is designed for people with company phones. That will allow you to set up enterprise email but not normal personal POP3 email.

What you need is the BIS service which stands for Blackberry Internet Service. You will have to call Vodafone customer services on 191 and get them to make sure that your account has been provisioned for BIS and not BES.

Good luck!

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 3 of 5 (3,465 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
crazydaisey

I have rang them earlier today they took the long number from the sim and account details etc and said everything was fine he didnt mention there was any problems, i rang them as i had tried the host route table thing as i was only getting gprs in lower case,( it didnt seem to resolve the problem gprs was still in lower case)when he asked for the sim number i had to pull the battery to remove the sim, then i put the battery back the phone reebooted and the gprs came back in capitals, and i had a internet conection i thought all was ok so the phone call ended until i tried to set up the email, i am able to send BBMs but the phone has my mums BBM pin not mine , could this be a problem with the BIS, i havent got a clue, thanks for the replies much appreciated.

Message 4 of 5 (3,460 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
jeffkinn

The PIN number is specific to the phone and not the user. As you say it has your mum's PIN and not yours, does this mean you had another Blackberry before this one? 

If so, the Blackberry service should be able to detect that you have changed devices. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 5 of 5 (3,457 Views)