You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
jamieandlaura
Accepted Solution

Unable to set up Hotmail on Torch 9800 after security wipe

Ok, i am about to lose it now, i have been in touch with 191 four times this weekend and i just cannot get any where with this.

I downloaded an app from the Blackberry store on friday, it asked for a reboot which i did, but i seemed to get stuck in reboot mode so i had to reinstall the OS which of course wiped everything except my pics. I have managed to reload contacts thanks to a back up i had stored on my laptop, but i cannot set up emails for love nor money.

I have tried everything. I can get through to where i have to input my hotmal account details but eveytime its coming back with incorrect email address or password and i know damn well they're not wrong!! Can someone please help me??

Message 1 of 10 (2,724 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
jeffkinn

Re: Unable to set up Hotmail on Torch 9800 after security wipe

the first thing to try is logging into your Hotmail account and change the password. Then try it again and see if it makes any difference.

You can also try setting up the email account on the vodafone/BB webpage rather than on the phone.

http://www.mobileemail.vodafone.net/

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 2 of 10 (2,722 Views)
jamieandlaura

tried both of those suggestions. I even set up a new hotmail.co.uk address and still says the password/account details are wrong. Honestly i have been on the phone for 2-3 hours this weekend during work time and i seem to be getting no where fast =(

the mobile website you have suggested has the same prob, it just doesnt recognise my email addresses. Prior to wipe i had no problems at all with my email accounts working on my 9800.

Message 3 of 10 (2,719 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
jeffkinn

Very weird - sorry no more suggestions. Hopefully someone else with come up with something else.

Do you have any other email addresses? Try setting up a gmail or Yahoo account and see if that has the same issue.

It sounds like an account specific issue. Something on your accounts some to have gone wrong. The eforum team will be along to helo you but they work on a first come first served basis so please be a little patient.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 4 of 10 (2,716 Views)
jamieandlaura

ok, have opened a GMAIL account and all seems well, so it seems hotmail specific? Has anyone else ever come accross this?? All my emails are hotmail accounts =(

Message 5 of 10 (2,713 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

Hi jamieandlaura,

I’m sure we can sort this for you.

First things first, with you saying this only seems to be affecting hotmail accounts, can you start by confirming that the login details work successfully on the hotmail site for me? Case sensitivity can lead to unexpected failures. I realise this is something you may have checked already, and I just want to confirm it before we move on to avoid missing something obvious.

Next, can you walk me through exactly what you're doing step-by-step when setting up the account on the device, including the point where the error stops the set-up? By knowing the steps you're taking, we can better see what may be causing this. You don't need to include secure data like the email address or password, but any other selections such as settings or ports made during the process will give us a better picture.

Finally for now, when you get the error, does this happen when the details are entered on the device or when they are submitted to the email server? This will help to see if something is blocking things at the BlackBerry or Hotmail end.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 6 of 10 (2,673 Views)
jamieandlaura

Dave

Thanks, i escalated this to Vodafone again and there was a glitch in the system between blackberry and hotmail, this has now been resolved. The only issue i now have is that i cannot set individual folders for both my hotmail acccounts (i used to have 2 seperate folders). I go to setup and can see i have the 2 accounts but only 1 folder, the emails for the other address all just go to the Messages Folder. Any suggestions?

Message 7 of 10 (2,647 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Hi jamieandlaura,

Thanks for the update, I'm glad to hear the glitch was addressed. As I understand it, you need to separate the inboxes out like this:

Messages folder > Options > Inbox Management > and select which mail accounts you want in the main messages folder. 

The separate hotmail accounts should be listed here. Let me know if that's what you meant. We have a BlackBerry here that we can replicate scenarios on if that helps. :smileywink:

Cheers, Ben
Message 8 of 10 (2,616 Views)
jamieandlaura

Ben - Perfect!! Just what i wanted, good work :smileyhappy:

Message 9 of 10 (2,557 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi jamieandlaura,

It’s great to hear that Ben managed to sort this for you.

If you wouldn’t mind taking 30 seconds, we’d really appreciate it if you could fill out this short survey about us. Remember, this survey is about how ‘Ben’ dealt with your query.

Thanks

Wayne

Message 10 of 10 (2,341 Views)