You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
sberri89

Unhappy with Curve 9300

I have had my Blackberry for just a year and it is starting to act up again. I last sent it away for repair just before Easter and it took more than 2 weeks before it was returned to me. The problem I had before was that the BIS on 3G kept disconnecting, so I couldn't use my bbm, Internet, etc. It was resolved and now it is occurring again. It is very frustrating as I have to turn the mobile networks on and off to get it starting again, sometimes more than once. Now, another problem has occurred, where the trackpad gets stuck and I need to hard reset my phone several times before it starts working again. I bought my phone through Vodafone last year. So what will be the best options for me now?
Message 1 of 4 (2,962 Views)
sberri89

Re: Unhappy with Curve 9300

Also, my mobile network also goes into SOS every now and then as well and this happens while my phone is being left idle on my desk. I don't know if this is a fault by Vodafone itself or just my phone.
Message 2 of 4 (2,953 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Hi sberri89,

Thanks for posting on the forum. I'm sorry to see you've had some hiccups with the device you've got on contract. Naturally, you're covered for a full 24 months manufacturers warranty for issues not related to accidental damage or moisture damage. If you need to have the device sent away for repair again then of course we'll look to fix it for you again. Something that fixes some of the most common software issues is to perform a battery pull and then to use the BlackBerry desktop programme to ensure you have the very latest version of the firmware available on your handset.

If you've lost faith in the model you're using and need a hand with an early upgrade, respond to the email I've sent down to you and my team will happily discuss your options. :smileyhappy:

Cheers, Ben

Message 3 of 4 (2,895 Views)
sberri89

Dear Ben,

I have just responded to your email. Will an upgrade require me to spend more money? The phone is relatively new still, if those are my only 2 options then I think I should get my phone fixed first and see how that goes.
Message 4 of 4 (2,889 Views)