Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Team: Blackberry Q5 Ordering Problems

iSouthh
2: Seeker

According to the vodafone team, the Blackberry Q5 is not in stock, and others are saying their having problems with the ordering system. However, I've came across flaws within the system and what I'm being told is not entirely true.

The image below is a picture showing that non existing customers can order the Blackberry Q5 with price plans showing: http://gyazo.com/e1361f5df15281a9100596f33f5b44ce 

The second picture is one of existing customers not being able to order the phone due to price plans not showing. http://gyazo.com/32626c91f45e38571507a9ff246a99e4

It's obvious to see that the phone is indeed in stock and the ordering system is working for non existing customers (and also for existing customers but only if you take out another line and have two contracts). So, if the ordering system is working for non customers and price plans can be chosen, why won't it work for existing customers who want to upgrade?

6 REPLIES 6

iSouthh

After 2 years + of being with vodafone, I now finally wish to upgrade to the Blackberry Q5 on the cheapest price plan (£12.50) per month before the sale ends. But, according to the Vodafone team, the Blackberry Q5 is not in stock, and others are saying their having problems with the ordering system when trying to upgrade me to this phone with price plans not showing. However, I've came across flaws within the system and what I'm being told is not entirely true.

The image below is a picture showing that non existing customers can order the Blackberry Q5 with plans showing:

http://gyazo.com/e1361f5df15281a9100596f33f5b44ce

The second picture is one of existing customers not being able to order the phone due to price plans not showing:

http://gyazo.com/32626c91f45e38571507a9ff246a99e4

It's obvious to see that the phone is indeed in stock and the ordering system is working for non existing customers (and also for existing customers but ONLY if you take out another line and have two contracts). So, if the ordering system is working for non customers and plans can be chosen, why won't it work for existing customers who wish to upgrade like myself?

I have contacted Vodafone on several occasions but to no avail with this matter. The last contact I had in regards to this phone / price plan was a manager who was supposed to input the order directly, but according to the manager it would not work either. So, a customer service advisor said I would have to wait a couple more days to receive confirmation through email / text of the upgrade. (But if it hasn't been ordered then how can I get confirmation?)

I believe by then it will be too late as the sale would have ended. So I have no option but to send this to the forum. I feel like I am being told mixed messages, and if the Blackberry Q5 is indeed not available to order / not in stock, why can non existing customers order this phone with price plans showing?

Please over look the pictures shown, as I do believe their is a major flaw within Vodafone's ordering system. All I want to do is upgrade to the cheapest price plan on the Blackberry Q5 before the sale ends. No I do not want another Blackberry or a different price plan. I have specifically chosen this phone / price plan for a reason. Again, as a reminder please refer to the pictures I have given.

Price Plan: £12.50
Minutes: 100
Texts: Unlimited
Data: 50mb
Length: 24 Months.

Thank you.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @iSouthh 

I'm checking to see if this is an issue with the online store.

I'll get back to you as soon as I have any info.

Thanks, 

Jenny

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @iSouthh 

I just want to let you know that we're still looking into this. 

I'll post back here as soon as I have any news.

Thanks, 

Jenny

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @iSouthh 

I've chased this up again today and I'll let you know as soon as I have an update.

Thanks, 

Jenny

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @iSouthh

This is still being investigated and I don’t have any further info as yet, but I'm continuing to monitor it.

I’ll let you know as soon as I have any news.

Thanks,

Jenny

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @iSouthh 

This should now be resolved.

Let me know if you have any further problems.

Thanks,

Jenny