You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster
Accepted Solution

Vodafone repairs service & Customer Service

Hi,

Just thought I'd throw my thoughts about me experience about this so called repair service and CS.

Rang Vodafone CS on the 9th regarding the repair of my faulty Bold 9900 (speaker/ringer failed, so no sound at all on phone) and they advised of the options available to me.  either they send a courier to collect phone or I can drop it into a store, so I decided to drop it into a store near my work place.   

Booked my phone in and was told it would take a week to repair/get phone back. Was told on phone that I am entitled to a courtesy phone when I drop my phone of. Once at the store I ask for a courtesy phone and was told they I cant have one as I dont have insurance. (Not happy at this stage to say the least!!)

A week later I ring up and find out that its still at repair center and they dont know when it will be fixed.  Very annoyed at this stage and was told repair time is 10 working days.  Manager refunds a weeks line rent to compensate.

I ring up today to find out state of play and am told phone is beyond repair.  When queried what will be happening I am told that a brand new 9900 will be send out by Wednesday, as they cant change the speaker on it.  New replacement phone to be with me on Wednesday. 

We now await and see if they deliver their promise as requested.  Also told them how I felt about their lack of communication regarding the repairs. 

Regards

waarif

Message 1 of 13 (5,386 Views)

Re: Vodafone repairs service & Customer Service

[ Edited ]

Absolutely Seething with anger right now

Rang up to chase my phone and was told that is not being delivered for another 3-5 days!! WTF!! they think its a joke that they can just mess us about with their stupid time scales and their ignorant call center staff??!

I am now onto Vodafone CS to cancel my contract! You pay your bills on time etc and this is the shoddy service we get.  Spoke to a so-called manager by the name of Joseph and he states that "calling customers back to advicse them of any delays is NOT vodafone policy and its up to the customer to chase up". Can anyone confirm that it is VF policy NOT to call their customers??

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

waarif

Message 2 of 13 (5,343 Views)

Couldnt edit previous post to update.

Just spoken a very helpful Scottish gentleman (will name later once sorted) who is chasing up the repair and is due to call me back soon.  will update once i have more news.

regards

Waarif

Message 3 of 13 (5,336 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi waarif,

It sounds like you haven't had the best experience so far, I'm sure we can turn this around for you though. If you reply to the email I've just sent you then we'll be in touch as soon as we can.

Kind Regards,

George.

Message 4 of 13 (5,330 Views)

I have replied to email sent and await your response.

thanks

waarif

Message 5 of 13 (5,326 Views)

Really fuming now!!

Been on to fone again to VF after I was promised a call back from a manager in scotland.  FIVE hours later im still waiting for this to arrive, so I decide to ring up and I get told that now any repairs are not covered under warranty?? apparently its physical damage :smileymad:, I've never dropped the fone or anything and they are claiming that the mainboard is bent..wtf!!!!!

On Monday in was told (by another manager, for which i have the name for) that the fone is beyond repair and that they will be sending out a replacement handset which i shall receive today, and now this crap when i ring up today!!

I will am still waiting for this so-called manager to ring me from earlier today so now I will be cancelling my contract with out any charges and i shall not be paying anything for the previlage...

Still waiting for The Tech team to call aswell.... wonder if any call will ever materialise.

Angry customer

waarif

Message 6 of 13 (5,319 Views)

[ Edited ]

Does beyond economical repair = user error?

well thats what ive just been told by VF Tech Support advisors and managers.. Why is that when i try to get some into from VF all i get is user error?

I have asked to see a copy of the report, regarding the handset, from VF but they are refusing.

Can anyone tell me how can there be physical damage to a phone on the inside when there is not sign of any damage on the outside!? :smileymad:

GEORGE: where is this call i was meant to be receiving? ive had nothing but hassell, worst move i ever made moving to VF, was better staying with 3.

Any help will be greatfully appreiciated, tearing my hair out here, well watever is left of it.

Message 7 of 13 (5,287 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi waarif

Thanks for your time on the phone.

I am happy that we were able to discuss what beyond economical repair means.

If you want to discuss the options that have been offered already, that we weren't able to discuss then please let me know.

Martin

Message 8 of 13 (5,281 Views)

UPDATE! Re: Vodafone repairs service & Customer Service

Just wanted to update all,

Have receieved a call from James today and we have come to an agreement that suited both parties and I less stressed now :smileyhappy:

Thank you James and also to the rest of the team that actually tried helping resolve this.

Regards

Waarif

Message 9 of 13 (5,255 Views)

Re: UPDATE! Re: Vodafone repairs service & Customer Service

To top things off just has a call back from MD office :smileyhappy: Apologised for everything and also got 2 months line rental free :smileyvery-happy:

Message 10 of 13 (5,243 Views)
Rank 1: Guest

Re: UPDATE! Re: Vodafone repairs service & Customer Service

ive sent my blackberry 9800 into repair with a inop trackpad the SID is 6341846 but when i go to track my phone the job reference is empty was wondering if you could send me an update please ,

Message 11 of 13 (4,783 Views)
Rank 1: Guest

Hi,

Just thought I'd throw my thoughts about me experience about this so called repair service and CS.

Rang Vodafone CS on the 6th regarding the repair of my faulty Nokia Lumia 520 (speaker/ringer failed, so no sound at all on phone) and they advised of the options available to me.  either they send a courier to collect phone or I can drop it into a store, so I decided to drop it into a store near my home.   

Booked my phone in and was told it would take a week to repair/get phone back.  I am not entitled to a courtesy phone when I drop my phone of.

A week later I ring up and find out that its still at repair center and they dont know when it will be fixed.  Very annoyed at this stage and was told repair time is 10 working days. 

I ring up today to find out state of play and am told phone is beyond repair.  I call them again a 1 week later  and they said engineer will fix it next week

Now i just have to wait too see if my fone will be repaired.

Vodafone is very bad repair service and i will never take another contract out again with them

Message 12 of 13 (2,349 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there cc26,

To be honest, I'd be disappointed with the conflicting information.

So we can look into exactly what's happening, please click here to send us your details.

Cheers,

LeeH

Message 13 of 13 (2,305 Views)
iPhone 6

iPhone 6

Bigger than bigger