Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone tempting you with offers that don't work on the Z10

MickieNess
1: Seeker
So I got a call Wednesday promising me the earth because I'm a long time customer.
I was offered Sky Sports mobile, Netflix or Spotify free for 6 months. I was alarmed as my usage was set to 1GB a month. So the lady upped my allowance to 4GB. I was still a bit concerned as I know streaming TV uses a lot of data but she said I could have unlimited internet for 3 months. Ooooh I thought, Sky Sports for 6 months, I was in, so I said yes.

Followed the links, waited an hour, went to download the 'app'. Oh, not available for Blackberry Z10. No App on Blackberry World. Looks on forums. Nope, not available on Blackberry.

So I rung back Thursday.

"Yes sir I apologise, I'll text you the link to follow"

'Download the App.........'

It's for iPhone users.

Rings back, a different person.

"Yes sir I apologise, I'll text you the link to follow"
"No, please don't, I have a Blackberry Z10, it's not an iPhone"
"Yes sir I apologise, but if you bear with me I'll text you the right link to follow"

Same link! Arrrrgggghhhhhh

Rings back Friday, Same routine.

Rings back, after 10 minutes trying to explain, I get put through to the technical department.

"I will try and find the app, oh, there is no compatibility for Blackberry......(other apologetic sentences)"

So I tried to explain my initial excitement at getting Sky Sports and a solution might be that I could use my other account, I have 2 long standing contracts with my Vodafone, the other being a micro sim in my iPad, to use and watch Sky Sports on there.

"I'm sorry sir it's not compatible with iPad, only iPhone"

Gods sake!

So after a lengthy talk I was persuaded to have Spotify instead. So he sends me the link to cancel Sky Sports and tells me to wait till the following day and then go through the process of getting a Spotify.

I was on 12hr nights this weekend so I wasn't exactly great for time to mess about with things like this!

Cut a long story a little shorter I've gone through the same routine with Spotify! There's no App for the Z10.

Now I'm really really cheesed off that Vodafone seem to have no understanding of BlackBerry. They just seem to want everyone to have an iPhone. I don't want an iPhone, I like my BlackBerry. I was even going to get the Passport when my upgrade comes but I'm not sure I want to deal with Vodafone now.

I have 2 contracts and feel like taking them elsewhere. I'm just really dejected as loads of my time has been wasted chasing after offers that we're never going to work and speaking to various Vodafone representatives, who were all very polite, but seem to have no clue about my issues.

2 REPLIES 2

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi MickieNess,

I'm very sorry if there's been any confusion. So we can feed back any training to the agents in question, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

As BlackBerry App World doesn't offer these services, we'll return your plan to what it was prior to the original call.

Cheers,

Ben

A quick search on the internet will show you how you can use Android apps on you Z10. I am currently using Spotify on mine to make use of the 6 month offer when I moved to a 4G plan.