Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Voicemail

SamMorton
1: Seeker
I am just wondering how do i make my phone go into voicemail when i dont answer the phone? it just keeps ringing! it never forwards calls, i try to click it to forwarding on the options menu on my blackberry torch but it just goes back to never forward calls! help!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pau1j
16: Advanced member

Hi Sam.

Do you have voicemail activated or are you using the Call Catcher (sends a Missed Call SMS when phone switched off or out of coverage)?

To turn on standard voicemail - call 1211 from your mobile phone.

Options>Call Management>Call Forwarding gives you options for Busy/No Reply/Not Reachable.  These should be showing 121 (voicemail number).

More information can be found in the Voicemail Settings Support Pages.

Also, to alter the time before the call diverts ... you can set your ring time to 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 or 30 seconds.

• Tap **61*121*11* into your phone as if you're making a call.
  • Next enter a time between 5 and 30 (the number of seconds in multiples of 5)
  • Press # and then the call button. Don't put the phone to your ear - just look at the display until you see a message confirming your ring time has been set.

For example, **61*121*11*25# followed by the call button would set your ring time to 25 seconds.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

pau1j

Hi Sam.

Do you have voicemail activated or are you using the Call Catcher (sends a Missed Call SMS when phone switched off or out of coverage)?

To turn on standard voicemail - call 1211 from your mobile phone.

Options>Call Management>Call Forwarding gives you options for Busy/No Reply/Not Reachable.  These should be showing 121 (voicemail number).

More information can be found in the Voicemail Settings Support Pages.

Also, to alter the time before the call diverts ... you can set your ring time to 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 or 30 seconds.

• Tap **61*121*11* into your phone as if you're making a call.
  • Next enter a time between 5 and 30 (the number of seconds in multiples of 5)
  • Press # and then the call button. Don't put the phone to your ear - just look at the display until you see a message confirming your ring time has been set.

For example, **61*121*11*25# followed by the call button would set your ring time to 25 seconds.

Hope this helps.

Dan82Burgess
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Please could you help? I have just joined Vodafone. I ported my number from O2 to Vodafone. I can make and receive calls and texts but I cannot activate Voicemail. When I ring 1211 it just says "call failed". It's not an issue with my signal as that is fine and I can call my landline and my wife's mobile. Please advise what to do. Thanks

Hi @Dan82Burgess

If you’re still unable to activate voicemail, please contact us here.

Thanks,

Gemma