09-05-2012 11:27 PM
There are several setting you can tweak to save battery:
Reduce the backlight setting
Turn off vibrations
Turn off Bluetooth
Turn off WiFi
Turn off GPS/Location services
Turn off 3G
and most importantly - use it less
10-05-2012 08:06 AM
My two tips are: Install an App called Battery Booster from BB World - works for me! And second, set up Auto Power-off for when you're asleep.
BTW, it's also worth checking you have the latest OS with BB Desktop Software.
10-05-2012 11:27 AM
How old is the phone/battery? Li-Ion batteries have a certain lifespan - generally reckoned to be around 1000 charge cycles. Since the phone is not likely to be 3 years old, it should be alright but a new battery could be an option.
Is the heavy drain something recent or from new?
There's an outside chance that the phone is faulty.
If it's a new phone or you've recently installed/deleted apps, there may be some garbage that needs wiping. This may help ... remove battery & SIM card, replace battery, allow phone to boot, remove battery, replace SIM & battery. Don't know why, but it is sometimes more effective than a simple battery pull.
In terms of optimising the phone, I would suggest the following:
- Check which OS you're running. Is it the latest available? (Some are better than others for battery drain)
- Delete unused apps - particularly Social Networking Apps (Facebook, Twitter, BB Social Feeds in particular)
- Don't leave apps running in the background (hold down Menu Button - you should only see BB core apps)
- If in a poor signal area use 2G only - use wifi & 3G only when in range
- Reduce backlight to 10 (after a while you won't notice) with auto-dim active & timeout to, say, 10 or 20 seconds
- Use keypad lock & holster
Hope this helps.