Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

blackberry switching off & rebooting?

ChristineBailey
2: Seeker
i got blackberry 9320 about 3weeks ago, however for past week it keeps switching itself off when I am half way through doing things, i then have to wait a few mins before i can switch it on then it takes up to around 5mins to come on? and i keep losing signal when my partner is with me he has same phone yet he doesnt lose signal? ( the signal going doesnt happen the same time the phone switches off) any idea how to rectify this..its really starting to annoy me.
8 REPLIES 8

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

A long boot up time is normal for a Blackberry. Switching itself off like that isn't. 

Did this start to happen after you downloaded an app of some kind?

I would try re-loading the Blackberry operating system via the Blackberry Desktop manager software and if that doesn't cure the problem it could be a hardware fault and will need to be sent off for repair.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ChristineBailey

Thank you for your post and it is great to see you here.:smileyhappy:

There has been some excellent support and suggestions here (Thank You), please can you let me know if you have tried these.

Please take the device to your local store and one of our experts will be able to take a look and advise you of your best options or alternatively we can arrange a postal repair.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

ChristineBailey
thanks for your help...i have redownloaded the software but hasnt helped...i struggle to get into local store due to work and also cant really do without my blackberry so any other suggestions would be greatly recieved!

ChristineBailey
i managed to get into a vodafone store today, robably have been my only chance for a while and the customer service i got was appaling the woman i spoke to didnt want to help, let alone look at my phone and give me options to fix my phone, is there really anyway i can get my phone fixed

Hi ChristineBailey,

When it comes to getting a phone repaired it will need to be do either via our retail stores or we can arrange a postal repair for you where we will send a repair envelope for you to post the phone off to our repair centre.

If you would prefer to go through a postal repair please follow the instructions that I have sent to you via PM and one of the team can arrange this for you however, we would not be able to give you a phone to use whilst yours is off for repair.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

ChristineBailey
ok thanks, it is annoying that i have had this phone one month yet it no longer works, and i need it for work hence why i set up another contract with you

AgNkgKote
1: Seeker

you got help

jeffkinn

If you need some help you'll need to do more than write three words that don't mean much on a thread that's more than two years old.

If you need some help from the community or the forum please let us have a proper explanation as to what your problem is.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png