You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
deaniboi1

can't recieve mms on my blackberry curve 9300

hi there i was wonder if anybody can help i cant recieve any mms messages on my phone could someone please help its really annoying me

THANKS

DEAN :smileyhappy:

Message 1 of 9 (7,937 Views)
Rank 8: Helper II
Amzy

Re: can't recieve mms on my blackberry curve 9300

Hi,

The chances are your settings are wrong - either your phone is a contract one and your sim is pay as you go or the other way round.

Or the settings are wrong, give 191 a call and they should be able to help.

Regards

Message 2 of 9 (7,922 Views)
deaniboi1

hi there

no my phone is pay as you go and my sim is pay as you go as well so i dont know what is going on i have tried phoning 191 and they coulnd'nt help

Thanks

Message 3 of 9 (7,918 Views)
deaniboi1

hi there

no my phone is pay as you go and my sim is pay as you go as well so i dont know what is going on i have tried phoning 191 and they coulnd'nt help

Thanks

Message 4 of 9 (7,914 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi deaniboi1

Thanks for your post here. I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with this. I appreciate how frustrating this must be for you.

Can you tell me, do you have any error messages at all when you are trying to receive? Or do you get a link to a website?

Can you try re-downloading your service books? This video I made shows you how. It's on the BlackBerry Storm 2 but the menu system is very similar.

How to send Service Books

Please let me know how you get on and if you have any more questions we'll be happy to help you further

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

Message 5 of 9 (7,888 Views)
holdham85

Did you have any luck fixing it?  I've just tried and it hasn't made a difference on mine.  Vodafone have also sent me instruction on how to setup via text but they're telling me to use options which aren't on the menu (and it's hard to find where they mean when I've only had the phone a day!)

Message 6 of 9 (7,775 Views)
DoxyC

Hi,

Can you send mms?

When I was on another network with the same problem as you it was because I didn't have a specific "BlackBerry" pay as you go sim tariff. The standard sim tariff was the wrong one. Might be the same. Hope this helps.

Message 7 of 9 (7,759 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
BenJ

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys

Can you conifrm that when you put your SIM into a different phone that you can send MMS?

If this is the case you should have an advanced options under options on the phone, in here you should have the Service books options here.

If you locate the wap mms  service and delete it by pressing the menu key and delete   this will remove the corrupt mms profile from your handset.

If you then select the Host routing table options and  press the menu key and slecet register now, you shoud be able  pull a new set of service books down.

I've just checked the 9300 curve and can see these options under  "Advanced options".

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team

Message 8 of 9 (7,748 Views)
Rank 8: Helper II
raymartin52

FWIW, the actions described by BenJ are only applicable to OS5 - if you have OS 6 installed the path would be Options, Device, Advanced System Settings to reload service books.
Message 9 of 9 (7,736 Views)