Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

deregister a pin?

number14
Not applicable
im selling on my bold 9000 do i have to deregister the pin?

i have already cancelled the BIS, do i need to do this?
18 REPLIES 18

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Anatoly and welcome to the eForum

I can completely appreciate how frustrating this must be for you. I'm going to send you an email over to the email address you registered with. Once you have received it just hit reply and fill in all of the information it asks for. We'll then get this looked at for you

Let me know if you have any further questions and we'll be more than happy to help you further

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

baldynapper
Not applicable

I can completely appreciate how frustrating this must be for you. I'm going to send you an email over to the email address you registered with. Once you have received it just hit reply and fill in all of the information it asks for. We'll then get this looked at for you

Let me know if you have any further questions and we'll be more than happy to help you further

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

Hi Wayne

i posted a thread the other day and was told off one of your MOD counterparts that i needed to phone up to get the PIN released. Sorry but i'm getting confused. Can it be done over emails etc?

please let me know as "sometimes" phoning the contact centres is "hard work" whereas i have always had good experiences working with you Mods.

cheers

Retired-Jon_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Wayne

i posted a thread the other day and was told off one of your MOD counterparts that i needed to phone up to get the PIN released. Sorry but i'm getting confused. Can it be done over emails etc?

please let me know as "sometimes" phoning the contact centres is "hard work" whereas i have always had good experiences working with you Mods.

cheers

Hi Baldynapper,

I think we may have misunderstood you in your previous thread. My colleague thought you were requesting for the phone to be "Network Unlocked" which enabled the handset to be used with a SIM card from another provider.

If you need your BIS account and PIN to be deregistered, then this is automatic, and does not require any action from either ourselves or you. When a new SIM is placed into a Blackberry handset, any BIS account that was previously registered to that PIN number is now removed, so that a new account can be registered against it straight away.

The reason we are emailing certain customers in this thread, is because they are experiencing problems that may be due to another cause, and we need to look into it further. Either way, their problems are unlikely to have anything to do with the PIN being associated to another account.

I trust that clarifies matters for you :)

Jon

eForum Team

baldynapper
Not applicable
Hi Baldynapper,

I think we may have misunderstood you in your previous thread. My colleague thought you were requesting for the phone to be "Network Unlocked" which enabled the handset to be used with a SIM card from another provider.

If you need your BIS account and PIN to be deregistered, then this is automatic, and does not require any action from either ourselves or you. When a new SIM is placed into a Blackberry handset, any BIS account that was previously registered to that PIN number is now removed, so that a new account can be registered against it straight away.

The reason we are emailing certain customers in this thread, is because they are experiencing problems that may be due to another cause, and we need to look into it further. Either way, their problems are unlikely to have anything to do with the PIN being associated to another account.

I trust that clarifies matters for you :)

Jon

eForum Team

That's great thank you

Anatoly
Not applicable

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

Hi, Wayne!

Thank you very much for quick response!
I'm waiting an email from you.

Anatoly

Retired-Moderat
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Anatoly

I have just resent the email to you, can you please check the spam folder to make sure it isn't in there if you don't receive the email from me.

Fast Response
eForum Team

acohen
Not applicable
Hi
There is conflicting advice on the web about deregistering BB Bis Accounts/PINs.
I am planning on selling my UK Storm on ebay and wish to be sure that my emails will not be available to any purchaser and that they can register for a BIS service without problem. Do I need to do anything about deregistering ?

I was thinking of selling some software with the phone - does the process of deregistering change the PIN and will this deactivate the software ?

Thanks

billfrost1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Purchased a sim card but without a PIN which I reqiire for my new phobe

Mobile phone number (removed for security)

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi billfrost1,

Welcome to the eForum. :Smiling:

Is it a BlackBerry PIN you're being asked for, or a PUK?

Thanks,

Ben