Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

deregister a pin?

number14
Not applicable
im selling on my bold 9000 do i have to deregister the pin?

i have already cancelled the BIS, do i need to do this?
18 REPLIES 18

Oobermann
4: Newbie

No,as soon as a new sim card is put in the phone, the PIN that you had registered to your old sim deregisters itself : )
Have you noticed, i've never been impressed with your friends from New York and London

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

You will need to deregister the PIN if you are selling on the phone and will no longer be the registered user.

The new owner would be unable to register a Blackberry PIN if the IMEI was registered in your name.

number14
Not applicable
You will need to deregister the PIN if you are selling on the phone and will no longer be the registered user.

The new owner would be unable to register a Blackberry PIN if the IMEI was registered in your name.

ok so i need to basically deregister if the person i sell it to wants to use the blackberry services as they would be unable to, is this correct?

if so how would i go about doing this?

Retired-Jon_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi number14,

Sorry for the conflicting information in this thread. It used to be the case that you needed to deregister your PIN, but since the launch of the latest version of BIS, that is no longer required.

As soon as a new SIM card is detected in the phone, it will automatically deregister your BIS account for you :) There is no further action needed on your part.

Jon

eForum Team

rgoruk
Not applicable
I have opposite problem I bought BB 9520 unlocked and tried to connect to BIS service (unfortuntly vodafone service is not allowed in my country) and couldn't because as I understood the PIN is blocked by vodafone.

May be You can advice me how to solve such issue.

Retired-Daz_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Ruslan.

This is unfortunate to read :(

I'm not sure why the PIN is blocked, but can you tell us where you got the BlackBerry from, and if the network you're trying to use it on permits BlackBerry service (and you have BIS on your price plan obviously).

RIM have changed matters to auto-deregister the PIN when it detects a new SIM in it. It's possible something is at play that we can't tell from here, but if you bought it from eBay or similar, I would recommend contacting the seller to contact us (if it was second hand) to deregister the account properly. Let us know if we can help further!

Daz

eForum Team

rgoruk
Not applicable
Hi Daz,

Thank You very much for Your reply.

Yes I bought it in internet and it was completly new. I've planned to use it with domestic operator and with Vodafone during trips. Right now I could not use any BB service just standart phone operations.

May I deactivate PIN by myself?

Thank You one more time for Your reply.

Retired-Andrew_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Ruslan,

If you bought the Blackberry new then the PIN should not have been registered to any account anyway so this is a little strange. :huh:

So we can check out the device PIN for you, I have sent an email over to your registered address so we can have a look at why the PIN registration is causing you such issues and shed some light in to your problem.

Don't worry, we will do our very best on this and be in touch once we have your reply.

Many thanks

Andrew
eForum team

Anatoly
Not applicable
Hi,

Sorry for reply in this old thread, but I have absolutely the same issue like Ruslan.
Is't BB 9520 by Vodafone. When I bought this device it was absolutely new.

Everything works fine, but I can't use my BIS service from our local carrier. They saying that my PIN (probably) is not deregistered from Vodafone network. Anyway, BIS works fine if I put my SIM into antother BB.

I'm really tired to solve this problem by myself.

How can I check my PIN registration?

Thanks in advance.
Anatoly