Support:

BlackBerry

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
ErinTagoe

network not working

hi i purchased a vodafone sim only contract 2 days ago and since then i have not been able to connect to the internet on my blackberry 8520.. any ideas how to solve this as i have tried a few things already

Message 1 of 7 (2,814 Views)
Rank 46: Oracle V
jeffkinn

Re: network not working

To access the internet on a Blackberry you need the BIS service on your account. If you haven't activated this you need to call 191 and get it added to your account. It costs an extra £5 a month.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 2 of 7 (2,809 Views)
ErinTagoe

i have already done this any other ideas? 

thanks

Message 3 of 7 (2,805 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
JesseMoore82

Posted from Facebook
Hello Erin, Can you cofirm what network the handset was originally on, and if it was Pay As You Talk or Contract?
Regards,

Jesse Moore
Information Technology Professional

IF YOU LIKE MY RESPONE, DON'T FORGET TO KUDOS IT! :smileyhappy:

Twitter: jessemooreuk
LinkedIn: jessemoore08

------------------------------
Disclaimer: Advise given by myself is provided without warrranty, for official support please contact Vodafone Customer Services through your usual support channel.
Message 4 of 7 (2,780 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

Hi ErinTagoe,

That is an excellent question, as the settings would be different. 

As the device picks up the settings automatically, you may need to resend the service books to refresh these.

1. Find "Host Routing Table"

• Press the Menu key twice.
  • Scroll to Options and press the Navigation key.
  • Scroll to Device and press the Navigation key.
  • Scroll to Advanced System Settings and press the Navigation key.
  • Scroll to Host Routing Table and press the Navigation key.

2. Resend service books

• Press the Menu key.
  • Scroll to Register Now.
  • Scroll to OK and press the Navigation key.

3. Exit

• Press Disconnect.
  • Press the Return key to return to standby mode.

If this doesn't help, can you also advise if it is just the internet connection which is failing? Are you able to access any other BlackBerry services such as push email or BlackBerry Messenger? This will help us to see just what the issue is affecting, which will help to define the specific cause.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 5 of 7 (2,763 Views)
HalBrown

every time i try to access the browser this message comes up...........your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries...please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device...I HAVE RUNG TWICE 1st i was to enable blackberry ,THEN it was taken off for me .....STILL NO BROWSER......help plz

Message 6 of 7 (2,702 Views)
Tech Team
Andy

[ Edited ]

Hi HalBrown,

Thanks for your post advising about your browser issues. I must admit to being a bit confused. You've advised you've had BlackBerry enabled and then it was removed. Was it the BIS service you had enabled because if so, that's what is necessary for internet access, emails and BBM.

If this is still enabled on your account, I'd suggest updating your phone on the network to make sure it's received any changes that have been made. To do this follow the below process:-

Options > Device > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > press the BlackBerry button and then press register now. 

You also need to send yourself the service books to your phone. You can do this by logging into your BlackBerry account at www.mobileemail.vodafone.net.

If both of these processes are unsuccessful for you, please reply to the PM I've just sent you. Just follow the included instructions and one of the team will be with you as son as possible.

Thanks

Andrew

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 7 of 7 (2,663 Views)