Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

3rd Party Router Not Connecting

ElwoodP
4: Newbie

I have a problem with my VOIP phone. My SIP provide tells me that SIP ALG needs to be turned off on my router. Vodafone support tells me that this isn't possible to turn off. I ask then can I use a 3rd party router and they say yes as long as it is from their approved "Open Reach Approved" list. They tell me to phone back afer I get one to get the PPP username and password.

So I have bought: Technicolor TG589vac v2 from their list.

They have supplied Username and Password for PPP connection which I have entered in the settings. Connect it up and the Broadband reads as connected but rthe PPP will not connect.

Vodafone will not help because not their equipment. Any advice on what could be up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Multi6 

Tx, yes Vodafone gave me correct username including domain.

I figured it out and got it working. I missed some options initially, the UI for the router is a little janky and some options are hidden until you scroll (and no scroll bar to indicate this!).

So for anyone else needing to set this router up:

Under Gateway, scroll down -> click "setup your gateway" -> IPv6 set to Off -> VLAN set to On "101"

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

multi6
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

have you entered the complete user name?

USERNAME: @broadband.vodafone.co.uk

This was the issue i had, once the full name was entered it connected straight away

@Multi6 

Tx, yes Vodafone gave me correct username including domain.

I figured it out and got it working. I missed some options initially, the UI for the router is a little janky and some options are hidden until you scroll (and no scroll bar to indicate this!).

So for anyone else needing to set this router up:

Under Gateway, scroll down -> click "setup your gateway" -> IPv6 set to Off -> VLAN set to On "101"

Just to say to any having the same problem with their SIP phone. This router did solve the issue after turning SIP ALG off. Follow instructions here:

http://www.surevoip.co.uk/support/wiki/troubleshooting:sip_alg:technicolor_tg589vac