Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Asus rt-ac68u setup

Dashwall
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I am having trouble setting up the above router. Checked my username and password but still having issues connecting. No internet connections.

Anyone having any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @BandOfBrothers,

Thank you for the help unfortunely nothing jumps out at me.

The guy at Vodafone says it should be ok to use as a Vodafone uses pppoe.

@Dashwall - you do know that router doesn't have a modem integrated so you'll need a separate modem to get a DSL connection??

It's not clear from your post whether you do have a separate modem also.

Hi @MrWhite,

Yeah I discoverd this morning that was the case so I have negotied with the company I purchased the router from and they have agreed a return and replacement for the DSL Router.

However I was able to get the RT working by effectively switching the wifi off the VF router and using that as a Modem.

On a side note however I spoke the VF about the fact that when the VF router is not turned on we don't recieve a HP signal which has been escalted to 2nd line support.

Hi Dashwall,

I am trying to use my RT-AC68U as a WiFi only router and the Vodafone router as a modem, as you described. For some reason the RT WiFi signal can be found on a device but there is no internet? 

Could you please describe how you linked the 2 devices and got this to work?

machare
13: Advanced Member

@james_case wrote:

I am trying to use my RT-AC68U as a WiFi only router and the Vodafone router as a modem, as you described. For some reason the RT WiFi signal can be found on a device but there is no internet? 

Could you please describe how you linked the 2 devices and got this to work?

The Vodafone router is functioning as a router but possibly with Wifi disabled. The other router should be  configured as a Wifi access point by connecting one of its local lan ethernet ports to the Vodafone router, disabling the DHCP server, and making sure that the IP address does not conflict with the DHCP range of the Vodafone router.  A bit like this