Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband service notification page

OwenMcShane
7: Helper
7: Helper

Hi,

is there somewhere a customer notification page for important announcements about updates to the broadband service?

For example, the so called "forthcoming router firmware update" that has the potential to affect many customers, hopefully in a positive way.

Also an unannounced and undocumented amendment to your price plan for Vodafone home broadband and phone (with Prices effective from: 11th December 2016, and as far as I am aware a revised edition has not been published), which clearly states:

Home Broadband Extras                 Charge

Parental Control                              Free

SureSignal                                       Please visit vodafone.co.uk/broadband for our latest prices

Static IP(6)                                       Free

(6) If you have requested a static IP address the address allocated by us to you is for use only in connection with you Vodafone Broadband and all rights in this address belongs to Vodafone and will revert to Vodafone on termination of this Agreement. If you move house we may need to issue you with a new static IP address.

I'm sure this would be of considerable benefit.

9 REPLIES 9

Nabs
17: Community Champion

Great ideas @OwenMcShane i'm sure the team will pick this up and feed them back. 
Vodafone has a policy of saying nothing about firmware updates on mobile devices so I assume the same would apply to their home broadband product but it's certainly one that can be fed back in case there is a variation on the policy for the different product type.

Regarding the price plan announcements; have there been changes since 11/12/16? If so they should be in the T+C's section and they are clearly missing, this would be an error on the site which can be reported and corrected. Any information regarding pricing is usually only available through the T+C's document, it saves the confusion around updating of duplicated information in multiple locations. If you have a link to where else the information is I would be interested to see it 🙂

@hi @Nabs,

@Nabs wrote:

Great ideas @OwenMcShane i'm sure the team will pick this up and feed them back. 

Regarding the price plan announcements; have there been changes since 11/12/16? If so they should be in the T+C's section and they are clearly missing, this would be an error on the site which can be reported and corrected. Any information regarding pricing is usually only available through the T+C's document, it saves the confusion around updating of duplicated information in multiple locations. If you have a link to where else the information is I would be interested to see it 🙂

it's here, hiding under a very ambiguous URL :smileywink:

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/priceguide

The change I was referring to was the apparent removal, without notice, of the option to have a free static IP address.

Nabs

Ah I see, the option for a static IP was removed about a month ago I think so it looks like theyve not update the documentation to reflect this. 

One of the team should be able to pick this up and ensure it gets corrected.:smileyhappy:

Slightly off topic now, but if the option for a static IP was removed a month ago, why did moderator Alex say this a week and a half ago?

"You're able to get a Static IP address by talking to our team on 08080 034 515 (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) with lines open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week."

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@OwenMcShane

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

Hi Dane_B

Thanks for your stock message about how to contact customer services.

Can I ask what it is I'm supposed to be contacting them about, and why it is account specific?

Your message says to "click here", but there is no link, and finishes with the rather cryptic words "Enter the code". Is the code a secret? :smileywink:

Thanks.

Spiralgalaxy5
4: Newbie

"is there somewhere a customer notification page for important announcements about updates to the broadband service?"

- seconded.  For all previous Internet Service Providers I have been able to look at a simple/plain web page for current availability, service announcements, planned outages, upgrades etc.  Also reports for network problems or disruption outside of the providers ability to control.  This is a basic "must have" for ISPs in my opinion.  It fosters a good customer relationship - communication is your business isn't it, Vodafone?

A good provider would also take an email address nominated by the customer so that they can receive updates during an outage (using an alternative network to retrieve the emails of course).

I've looked on the Vodafone website at all the links but can't find such a page :catsad:

Nabs

@Spiralgalaxy5 100% agree! You can already register your phone number for update messages of faults but theres nothing in place for home broadband, fantastic idea!

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@OwenMcShane

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

This has been sent to the Vodafone Community Management team for review.

Thanks