Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband speed went down critically

Aitinja
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Been a client for nearly 1 and a half year.  If I remember correctly I had Fibre plus (The best one I was offered) Don't remember due to the fact I lost somewhere my contract over the time.

Basically 8-10 hours ago my internet speed went down from  Download: 50-70 Mbit/s to  2 Mbit/s and it's been since like that. Tried the factory reset, turn out all the cables for minutes, restart the router. Nothing helps at all. What am I supposed to do? 

The last time I went to Vodafone center (About 5 months ago) to resolve the problems with router (My girlfriend's laptop just shut down internet for her and she was not able to connect until she restarted the laptop) the girl that worked there couldn't help me at all even tho I gave her all my personal details, she even couldn't tell me my contract details. 

5 REPLIES 5

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@Aitinja That's a pretty big drop! :smileysurprised:

There's some guidance in the help centre on what to do if your internet is slow  however unless you've made any changes (e.g. plugged in a new home phone?) my guess is that it's something on the external network that's causing the issue and would probably need Vodafone to diagnose and if required send an engineer out. 
At the bottom of the linked article, there is a link to Live Chat who should be able to look into it for you :smileyhappy:

N

MrWhite
10: Established
10: Established

@Aitinja log into the router (or use the app) and find out your connection speed.  It's not clear whether you are referring to this or your download speed (what you see when you use an online speed tester).

I've attached a imagine to my post that shows the connection speed on the router and on speedtest.net 

Anyway.... here's the image for the router: http://i.imgur.com/rsrck5q.png and for speedtest resoults 

That to me looks like a line issue as your upload speed is pretty much inline with its connection speed.  

If possible, it's worth removing the front portion of your master socket and connect the router to the test socket (with a microfilter) to rule out any possible failure of the filtered faceplate.  Regardless, I would give Vodafone a call and get them to run a line test.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Aitinja

So one of the Broadband team can take a look into this for you, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.