Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Declined Fibre BB

caluk86
4: Newbie

So i applied for Fibre home broadband and got declined after a credit check even though a few months ago i passed for sim only. Have paid all my bills upto date with Vodafone so don't see the issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @caluk86

Couldn't agree more.  No need for a further credit check, you have already been credit checked by Vodafone for the SIM only and the search will be showing on your credit file. The only thing is Vodafone have the three month rule and you have to have made three clear payments before taking out anything additional. From what you have written, you have been a customer for three months.

@caluk86

I have just been looking back on your previous threads.  The one below is your reason.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/SIM-only-upgrade-to-handset/m-p/2563410

You wouldnd't have made three months clear payments if you only joined in June.  Keep the payments up to date and apply again in three months time and you should be accepted.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers

Hi @caluk86

Different things can affect an application. 

From applying for too many things close together.

(It's advisable to leave at least 90 days before applying again. )

To circumstances such as address changes / electoral roll etc

Vodafone wouldn't be able to give the exact reasons probably due to the Data Protection Act. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @caluk86

Couldn't agree more.  No need for a further credit check, you have already been credit checked by Vodafone for the SIM only and the search will be showing on your credit file. The only thing is Vodafone have the three month rule and you have to have made three clear payments before taking out anything additional. From what you have written, you have been a customer for three months.

@caluk86

I have just been looking back on your previous threads.  The one below is your reason.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/SIM-only-upgrade-to-handset/m-p/2563410

You wouldnd't have made three months clear payments if you only joined in June.  Keep the payments up to date and apply again in three months time and you should be accepted.

BandOfBrothers

To add some info in > Vodafone and credit-checking.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for replying. Makes more sense now.

So even though i applied for Fibre last week will that effect my chances on upgrading my SIM only to a handset plan in September?

AnnS

Hi @caluk86

The most important thing is to make sure each payment is made on time, whatever you do don't get behind with your payments.  This will put you in an excellent position have the fibre installed in three months time and take advantage of the flexible upgrade option and upgrade to a handset contract.  The only problem is September might be a bit too quick, you need to be on the SIM only for three months before you can be considered.  There is further info for you below.

Flexible Upgrades

I hope things are better for you now, it's awful losing your job through no fault of your own.

Thank you :Smiling:

Yes in a much better position than i was 4 years ago. My eligible upgrade is 11th September. Definately upgrading to a phone plan.  Least i know there will not be a credit check for this :Smiling:

AnnS

@caluk86

You credit rating will be 999 soon, you will have all the credit card companies writing to you offering you credit.  I wish you lots of success for the future.